      From: "md9105@..." <md9105@...>
      To: MidwestCemeteries@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, April 5, 2009 7:16:52 PM
      Subject: RE: [MidwestCemeteries] symbols left on graves

      Many times (pre-depression) families would leave muscle or conch shells on
      the graves of family. Most shell was left as a burial gift.I have found
      over 30+ near gravestones( which I promptly return after restoration) .
      On African American graves it was common to break the favorite bowl,plate
      and cup of the deceased and put them on the burial site. I find
      crocks,glassware, conch,shells, plates,bowls repeatedly.

      Mark Davis
      Stone Saver Cemetery Restortion