38Re: [MidwestCemeteries] Urgent Announcement -Chicago Fundraiser for New Orleans Victims

  • Marion Baumgarten
    Sep 2 3:53 PM
      From the Red Cross website:

      Donate In-Kind Products
      The Red Cross is unable to accept small, individual donations or collections of items such as clothing, food or cleaning supplies. The cost to sort, package and distribute these types of donations to a disaster victims is almost always greater than the cost of purchasing the items locally, and it is logistically impossible to distribute a wide variety of individual items in a meaningful way. Because of these cost and logistical concerns, we recommend that you support your community by donating these items to an organization that is equipped to put them to the best possible local use.
      Offers of sizeable, bulk donations are reviewed to determine if they meet a current need for disaster victims that can be addressed by the Red Cross. Bulk donations are typically new, shrink-wrapped and palletized items, and they are transported by the donor.

      I think fundraising is great- but you may have difficulty getting an organization to take your donations.

      Marion Baumgarten

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 1:34 PM
      Subject: [MidwestCemeteries] Urgent Announcement -Chicago Fundraiser for New Orleans Victims

      Chicago - Fundraiser for New Orleans Victims - 9. 21, 2005

      Please Pass on to Everyone YOU Know, and Re-Post this
      Important Announcement!

      Haunts & Flaunts, along with Pagan Travel Network, & Anadiz Moon
      Spiritual Healing.

      We will be holding a fundraiser, for the victims of New Orleans,
      Wednesday September 21st, at the Excalibur Club, 632 N Dearborn St,
      Chicago, IL, from 8pm til Midnight.

      Admission will be $20.00 per person.

      We will also be collecting, non-parishable food, clothing, & stuffed
      animals for disaster victims.

      Entertainment to be announced, as we get confirmations from
      performing bands.

      We are seeking Sponsors, Trucking Companies, Bands, & Merchants.

      Please contact me at mike@... for more information.

      BB
      Mike

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic