178Re: [MidwestCemeteries] graveyard expeditions

    Apr 29, 2007
      > If you get a chance to go to Lousiville, Ky. go to Cave Hill cemetery which
      > has alot of art for stones and is worth the trip.

      A bit far, but I'll keep it in mind.

      > Crown Point is in Indianapolis In. is a two part one on each
      > side of the road and it is very interesting as well.

      Yes, it's an amazing place. I spent most of a day exploring it two
      years ago, as part of a "Dead Presidents Tour" of Indiana and Ohio.
      One of its best features is the hill - also called Crown Point, I think -
      that rises steeply, covered with monuments, with a spectacular view of
      downtown Indianapolis from the top.

      > In Springfield, Il. is the Oak Park? not sure if the last part is right
      > but, that is where Lincoln's tomb is and well worth a visit

      Oak Ridge; one of my favourites. I have some photos of it at
      http://www.graveyards.com/IL/Sangamon/oakridge

      --
      hucke@... - http://www.graveyards.com