Does this Qualify

  • jaelbenari
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2013
      For fun I have begun blogging about (in persona) my adventures in A&S. I am largely focusing on education about Romans, their culture, lifestyle, and using experimental anthropology to attempt some parts of the Roman lifestyle (i.e. I just tried a hairstyle utilizing period methodology to see how long it would last before it became shabby looking) ... These experiements would range from jewelry making to hair styling, to hygene, language, culture, garment making, and much much more.

      The blog would be a primary source for sharing my findings and fun tidbits but I would also be sharing my findings through classes.

      Would this be an acceptable entry? Please Let me know!
      With gratitude,
      Domina Jael ben Ari

    • Cat Berdanier
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 15, 2013
        Greetings Domina Jael,

        Most definitely a blog would be an acceptable entry.  It is up to each individual to choose what they want to do and how they want to record it.  A blog would be wonderful as you can share the information readily and would be easy to keep track of.

        When it comes times for the A&S 50 Regional Exhibitions in 2015, and the SCA 50 Year Exhibition in June, 2016, you can simply display a printed copy of the blog entries if you wish.  You can supplement it should you choose to do so with physical items if that is convenient for you.

        I myself will be making up a book type display from entries on my web site. I will bring some of my work to share but the majority of it is not tangible or is given away during the course of the Challenge so print copies are my primary means of keeping track of what I do.

        I'm delighted you are willing to share your work,

        Regards,
        Cathryn of Chester
        Midrealm Coordinator

        To: MidrealmAandS50Challenge@yahoogroups.com