7Re: Pentamere Display and News of another Sort

  • Johnna
    Oct 24, 2012
      Sounds like a lovely display.

      I am sorry not to have made it over to Crown, but my husband was traveling again. Last May he was in China when it was time for Crown; this fall he is in Ghana in West Africa helping to create a new program for the UM's College of Engineering at Ann Arbor. I just can't travel distances without his help.

      I'm afraid that what I could have displayed would only have been issues of Tournaments Illuminated and other publications. Unfortunately, the latest issue of TI with my new article
      "The Elizabethan Era Feast" didn't actually arrive here until yesterday so it would not have been available, in any case.

      That issue of Tournaments Illuminated does carry the official notice of the William Blackfox Award Winners for AS XLVI.

      I learned Saturday that I had been nominated and it turns out that YES I won a Blackfox! I wasn't even aware that I had been nominated.

      Best Written Contribution to a Kingdom Newsletter: Book Review

      THL Johnnae llyn Lewis

      The newsletter was The Pikestaff. It appears that I am the only Midrealm person or publication to actually win this year. (The list has also now appeared in the November Pale.)

      scribbling away in service

      Johnnae llyn Lewis
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic