37Hi. I'm new.

  • somahjalmarsdotter
    Jan 19, 2014
      Hi there, I'm farily new to the SCA, and new to this challenge, but it looks like fun.  My name is Carmen (given name), my SCA name is Sóma Hjalmarsdotter (unofficial, still working on the paperwork for it).I'm not sure what the procedure is for adding myself to the database, if I do it, or if someone else is, but here's my info.

      email: trinity5.14@...
      Shire of Starleaf Gate
      Project: 50 pieces of Bobbin lace.  I started learning bobbin lace on my own in 2008, but it's been a spotty progression, I'll work on it for a month or two, then put it down for a year.
      To date I have completed 4 pieces of beginner's sample work, but I'm hoping this will motivate me to get focused and progress faster.  Even if I don't quite make 50 pieces I'm sure it'll be lots of fun and more than worth the effort to grow and progress my skills, and hopefully each piece I complete will incorporate a new technique or be larger and more intricate, or othewise be a new learning experience.  Anywhos, I think that's it for now, and will keep you updated on my progress in the coming months.  Thank you.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic