32Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Queries and the Society 50 Year Exhibition

  • Johnna
    Sep 27, 2013
      I have a variety of things I am doing also.

      The one Challenge that I don't think I will complete is the persona/breadth challenge as regards travel and places my persona in the 16th century might have traveled to. What have I visited that was around in the 16th century? After we got back from the last UK trip, I counted up and between the 2009 and 2011 trips I was at 20 plus places. However the next European trip seems to be Prague and either Vienna or Berlin and no way will I see anything on those trips that might deal with my persona. (No the 16th century Johnnae did not go to Prague.)

      This being handicapped makes travel rather impossible at times and never on my own.

      Otherwise the depth challenge I do remains constant. I am still scribbling away. I reached 200 items (articles, guides, handouts, books, booklets, etc) this past month so the personal challenge of Five Times Five is do-able.

      Now if I could only manage that two week trip to England again in the next year and half.

      Johnnae llyn Lewis

      --- In MidrealmAandS50Challenge@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Satoh <anthony_satoh@...> wrote:

      > Regarding your question: "Is anyone else doing multiples of the original 50 A&S Challenge items?"
      >

      > I am doing a few versions of the challenge.
      >
      > I have completed two of the challenges but keep counting items in hopes to double up and make 100 items.
      >

      > Here are my challenges to myself.
      >

      > A&S 50 Depth Challenge I
      > I've chosen to do 50 articles of garb.
      > I have completed 65 items for this category.
      > 50 of any one type of thing, in order to push your skills and knowledge to new levels (how broadly you define this is up to you)
      >

      > A&S 50 Depth Challenge II
      > As part of my Breadth challenge I wanted to challenge myself at trying something scribal. I started having so much fun with the scrolls that I have decided to add another Depth Challenge to my never ending list of projects.
      > I've chosen to do 50 award scrolls and 50 scroll cases.
      > I have completed 44 scrolls and 44 scroll cases for this category.
      >

      > A&S 50 Breadth Challenge
      > I've chosen to do 50 new things, or new variations.
      > I have completed 72 items for this category.
      > Do/make/learn 50 new and different things (how new, and how different is up to you/your group)
      >

      > A&S 50 Persona Challenge
      > Making/learning 50 different things that your persona would know, have, or know how to do.
      > I have completed 39 items for this category.
      > I've chosen to make 50 things that a my persona would make or have. I plan on only counting things that are made in an authentic manner. A lot of the garb I make and plan to make for the other challenges are for other people. In general I don't plan on hand stitching an outfit which will take 200+ hours unless I get to wear it!
      >

      > -Ercc

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic