26Re: Planning for the Society 50 Year Exhibition

  • Johnna
    Jul 18, 2013
      greetings

      Congratulations on the new challenge.

      Please excuse the hurried nature of this post but I am scribbling away on an Ipad and not my home computer.
      couple questions-/-
      How is this display being coordinated with classes and other A&S displays?

      Are people free to just teach their specialty and not display? Can that be listed in someway that indicates A&S 50 participation? I think I would be more likely to teach than to sit besides a display of my publications and articles. I am on track to have completed five times the initial 50 by conclusion. And if documentation is being discouraged, well what I would offer wouldn't fit in anyway. Nothing spells documention like a stack of articles with sources and footnotes. I am sure there must be others in the same position. 3 or 4 or 5 books of edited material just don't lend themselves to display.

      Speaking about displays, plans need to be thought about now for those that display via electronic media. Via tablets or pcs. Or even iMacs. Art and design projects are sometimes better shown and appreciated through a making of video. Or still photos.

      Is the 50th doing more than just a display?
      Are we having a party, gathering or meeting to exchange greetings at the event?
      Open house just for 50 year entrants at the display so participants see what has been accomplished and put names to faces?

      Just wondering

      Johnnae llyn Lewis
      --- In MidrealmAandS50Challenge@yahoogroups.com, Cat Berdanier <baroness_cat@...> wrote:

      > Greetings Fellow Challengers,
      >
      > I have been asked to work up a plan for the 50 year exhibition of our fine works. We are looking at having a single day of displays in a huge room that should be big enough for all indoor type displays. Pre-Registration will be required for planning purposes but I was wondering about a couple of things that also need to be organized ahead of time:
      >

      > SCA 50th Year Anniversary Celebration is being hosted by the Middle Kingdom on June 17-27, 2016, at the Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds and Conference Center in Danville, Indiana. www.SCA50year.org

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic