Re: AK950 annunciator panel stolen

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2009
      Bill,

      We had considered the Dynon second time around. very nice piece.
      However decided against putting that much in 1 instrument right now.
      We were fortunate that we paid less then 10grand for the BMA.Itwas
      sent back to the company many many times for different repairs. It
      never worked out of the box and like you sat for awhile before being
      installed. We were the very first ones to buy one so was alot of
      repairs and it was the guiny pig. On the last repair when it was the
      motherboard (actually this was the 2nd box BMA sent us) Greg tried to
      talk us into purchasing a new one for 14,000. we told him the first
      2 did not work why should we buy another one that was not guaranteed
      to work. The panel is very nice now and now we can get in the plane
      and actually go somewhere. I dont know how many trips got cancelled
      because we would go to leave and the efis would not work. I agree
      the local police are no help at all. We finally got our replacement
      from ameriking so cant wait to fly again.

      --- In Mid-AtlRVwing@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Judge" <bjudge@...> wrote:

      > Sorry to hear about the theft. I have heard that the local Cops are
      > generally useless for that. A few years ago Suburban airport was
      getting hit
      > regularly and the pilots had video and Still couldn't get any
      response.

      > I feel your pain when it comes to BMA, I have a EFIS lite that
      never worked
      > and is gaining dust in my hangar. Despite Being in the homebuilt
      industry
      > where most people have at least a year delay between delivery of
      Something
      > and actual flying they won't refund. I bought a Dynon and
      Considered the
      > BMA a $3500 lesson in Life.
      >

      > On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 9:06 AM, Susan <msgilland@...> wrote:
      >
      > > We Purchased an ak950 for a kln90b in october from ameriking. It
      > > arrived Dec 1st and was stolen within an hour. It list the price
      of
      > > it in the box and what it is used for so the person knows the
      value.
      > > I also had a box from HP taken along with this one but not nearly
      as
      > > expensive. we filed a police report and told our local airports.
      W13