Re: [Mid-AntrimGenealogy] Rick's 1766 Religious Records

  • RA in IA
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2009
      Those "gh"s get me every time!

      Ruth Ann

      In a message dated 03/01/09 13:36:40 Central Standard Time, ljholley@... writes:

      Many of you will remember Rick Hutton who looked up so many records for us a couple of
      weeks ago. I asked and he has agreed that we may add our individual records to our
      group website.

      I will create the record under FILES. Click there, then click Parish of Ahoghill - 1766
      Dissenters then CREATE TEXT FILES and add the names Rick sent you.

      Know he won't mind my attaching his message on how to pronounce Ahoghill

      Just thought that I would pass this along. Over the years, I have been reprimanded by a
      relative
      in Co Antrim on how I pronounced Ahoghill.

      It's not like........ .there's a hog on the hill

      It's like "a -HAW -ill" . Put a gag-reflex between the a - H and you've got it.
      It's "a- (gag relex)AW- ill .

      By George, she's got it.......... ......

      Keep practicing
      You'll need a paper towel to keep your monitor screen clean

      Sincerely
      Rick Hutton