Re: [Mid-AntrimGenealogy] Fw: McMaster/McNeill

  • jplappin
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 1 3:48 PM

      Thank you Gordon.
      Interesting indeed.  I will keep this info and perhaps search the McMaster you mention?
      I hate to hear that the plow is busy in that cemetary.
      In Canada we have heard of this same thing; more often in large cities.
      Joyce
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 1 4:08 PM
        Anne,

        Thank you for that - I did not know about it.  Perhaps we should put a link to their website on our links.  What do you think?

        Linda
        On Mar 1, 2009, at 1:13 PM, Anne Shier Klintworth wrote:

        I wonder if you all know there is an ex-pats section on the Ballymena Times page where you can post queries.  www.Ballymenatimes. com

        Scroll about halfway down the front page and you will see ex-pats.

        Anne

        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 1 4:31 PM

          I'm researching McNeill's. Information I have is -

          William McNEILL b. ca 1813 likely in Ballyreagh, Dunaghy; wife may be Mary.

          McNeill children (gleaned from 1851 census):
          John 1833, Agnes 1836, Rose 1838, Elizabeth 1840, Margaret 1842,
          Alexander 1845, ELLEN JANE ca 1848.

          Ellen Jane McNEILL b. ca 1848, married Thomas SCRIM(M)AGER on 31 July
          1868 at  Parish  Church of  Ireland , Craigs.

          Hopefull we'll have a connection.

          Cheers, Lynda in  New Zealand

          2009/3/2 Kathleen Connolly <kate.2019@yahoo. com>:

          > Anyone out there researching McMaster, Buckna or McNeill, Owencloughey? I
          > would be interested in sharing any research.
          > Kate

        • Anne Shier Klintworth
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 1 5:06 PM

            Sure that would be great.

            I'm researching McNeill's. Information I have is -

            William McNEILL b. ca 1813 likely in Ballyreagh, Dunaghy; wife may be Mary.

            McNeill children (gleaned from 1851 census):
            John 1833, Agnes 1836, Rose 1838, Elizabeth 1840, Margaret 1842,
            Alexander 1845, ELLEN JANE ca 1848.

            Ellen Jane McNEILL b. ca 1848, married Thomas SCRIM(M)AGER on 31 July
            1868 at  Parish  Church of  Ireland , Craigs.

            Hopefull we'll have a connection.

            Cheers, Lynda in  New Zealand

            2009/3/2 Kathleen Connolly <kate.2019@yahoo. com>:

            > Anyone out there researching McMaster, Buckna or McNeill, Owencloughey? I
            > would be interested in sharing any research.
            > Kate

            face=Georgia>

          • Anne Shier Klintworth
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 1 5:57 PM

              You are right Linda – I can’t figure it out either.  I always read the postings but have never tried to post something.  I tried to email the editor but it bounced.

              • LynMhere@aol.com
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 1 7:31 PM
                  Could it possibly be the "Contact Us" link at the very bottom of the first webpage - before you click on ex-pats?  It has an area to enter text.

                  All your chatting about travelling to Ireland has made me envious.  I have been to England and Scotland, but never Ireland, and I really would like to spend a couple weeks there to do some research, besides seeing Northern Ireland.  However, my next major trip must be to see my, soon-to-be 90 year old, ex-pat, father in Munich, Germany.  And, since I'm not much help in the Mid-Antrim research, I would like to offer my help with any German translations, including old German script.  I lived there, and attended German boarding schools for 15 years.  I am a bit rusty, but it comes back with a little prodding.

                  Lyn

                  In a message dated 3/1/2009 6:57:33 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, ashierk@... writes:

                  You are right Linda – I can’t figure it out either.  I always read the postings but have never tried to post something.  I tried to email the editor but it bounced.

                  I'm researching McNeill's. Information I have is -

                  William McNEILL b. ca 1813 likely in Ballyreagh, Dunaghy; wife may be Mary.

                  McNeill children (gleaned from 1851 census):
                  John 1833, Agnes 1836, Rose 1838, Elizabeth 1840, Margaret 1842,
                  Alexander 1845, ELLEN JANE ca 1848.

                  Ellen Jane McNEILL b. ca 1848, married Thomas SCRIM(M)AGER on 31 July
                  1868 at  Parish  Church of  Ireland , Craigs.

                  Hopefull we'll have a connection.

                  Cheers, Lynda in  New Zealand

                  2009/3/2 Kathleen Connolly <kate.2019@yahoo. com>:

                  > Anyone out there researching McMaster, Buckna or McNeill, Owencloughey? I
                  > would be interested in sharing any research.
                  > Kate

                • Kathleen Connolly
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 1 10:18 PM
                    Lynda,
                    I start with a Andrew 1803 wife Jeannie Alexander 1798, 9 childrem incl an Arthur b 1846 wife Maggie Smyth 1848 and their dau Margaret 1889 m Francis Wallace McMaster 1891.
                    Don't think it is the same family unless we can get back another generation.
                    We'll keep trying - thanks

                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 2 6:35 AM
                      Lyn,

                      I didn't see the "contact us" button.  A little silly of me.

                      Thank you for your generous offer to translate - I recently saw someone asking for help in understanding records but I don't remember which list at the moment.

                      This reminds me I must make an area on our home page where anyone wishing to help others in a particular area, may post their names.

                      Hope you have a great trip - it has been years since I have been to the Munich's beautiful area.

                      Linda

                      In a message dated 3/1/2009 6:57:33 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, ashierk@yahoo. com writes:

                      You are right Linda – I can’t figure it out either.  I always read the postings but have never tried to post something.  I tried to email the editor but it bounced.

                      I'm researching McNeill's. Information I have is -

                      William McNEILL b. ca 1813 likely in Ballyreagh, Dunaghy; wife may be Mary.

                      McNeill children (gleaned from 1851 census):
                      John 1833, Agnes 1836, Rose 1838, Elizabeth 1840, Margaret 1842,
                      Alexander 1845, ELLEN JANE ca 1848.

                      Ellen Jane McNEILL b. ca 1848, married Thomas SCRIM(M)AGER on 31 July
                      1868 at  Parish  Church of  Ireland , Craigs.

                      Hopefull we'll have a connection.

                      Cheers, Lynda in  New Zealand

                      2009/3/2 Kathleen Connolly <kate.2019@yahoo. com>:

                      > Anyone out there researching McMaster, Buckna or McNeill, Owencloughey? I
                      > would be interested in sharing any research.
                      > Kate

                      A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!

                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 2 8:19 AM
                        I'll make a link with the notation it seems difficult to post a message.

                        --- In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Anne Shier Klintworth" <ashierk@...>

                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 2 8:24 AM
                          I have posted the link to the daily newspaper and while I was reading it saw an article about
                          The Braid. Seems it may win some grand award! May be fun to reading what is happening in
                          the area and the weather even though we may not be able to post to the Ex-Pat area.

                          Linda
                        • acmbjc@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 3 8:03 AM
                            acmbjc