Antrim 1851 Census Fragments

  • Kate Connolly
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 18, 2014
      Hi,
      I've found the address - have a look.
      www.irishgenealogy.net
    • L.G. McF
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 18, 2014
        Hope you all like my website.

        It contains much more than just the 1851 Irish Census Remnants for Co. Antrim.

        greetings

        Liam

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 18, 2014
          Liam,
          Thanks for the confirmation of the 1851 Census.
          Happy Easter, hope your weather is as good as here at home.
          Kate

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 18, 2014
            As always, thank you Liam for all you have done for Co. Antrim genealogy!!!!

            Linda

          • lmgraham@xtra.co.nz
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 18, 2014
              Hi

              I first joined this group last year to see if anyone could help me identify how John Carey of Duneane was linked to my Ewing family of Coolsythe.

              I have since found an article which says the first successful claimant on his estate was a John McKelvey who was related on the maternal side. The Glenavy article is about a second claimant on his paternal side and the story that John Carey was related to the sister of Ann Boleyn of Henry 8th fame.

              I therefore have identified Mary McKelvey wife of John Ewing of Coolsythe as the link. I am interested in finding out anything more about Mary's family. Mary is buried at Drummaul, died 1 Sep 1845 aged 47.

              I had a recent response to my Rootscchat post which gave me the name of John Carey's mother, Margaret, who I assume was Margaret McKelvy and an Aunt of my Mary McKelvey, as Mary's son James Ewing was identified as a cousin once removed of John Carey in a letter of administration for John's estate.

              If anyone has any knowledge of this McKelvey family then it would be much appreciated. The only possibility I have in mind is the John McKelvey of Cranfield but I do not know if he is the original claimant of if that was another John McKelvey.

              Cheers

              Linda
              ---In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, <ljholley@...> wrote :

              As always, thank you Liam for all you have done for Co. Antrim genealogy!!!!

              Linda
              On Apr 18, 2014, at 5:43 PM, Kate Connolly wrote:

              Liam,
              Thanks for the confirmation of the 1851 Census.
              Happy Easter, hope your weather is as good as here at home.
              Kate

              On Friday, 18 April 2014, 22:16, L.G. McF <larneman@...> wrote:

              Hope you all like my website.

              It contains much more than just the 1851 Irish Census Remnants for Co. Antrim.

              greetings

              Liam

              On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Kate Connolly <kate.2766@...> wrote:

              Hi,
              I've found the address - have a look.

            • Mary Symons
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 20, 2014

                Liam,

                Couldn’t find any Lougheads in Garryduff, Ballymoney in 1851 Census but Rev Robert Loughead was Presbyterian Minister there until 1844 when he died,  His wife Elizabeth died in 1845. One would have thought their deaths would have been registered.  He had several young children at the time.  Is there a way to search all the various pages of the census without opening each one to see where the family might have moved to.

                Best wishes

                Mary

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 20, 2014
                  ****Couldn’t find any Lougheads in Garryduff, Ballymoney in 1851 Census but Rev Robert Loughead was Presbyterian Minister there until 1844 when he died,  His wife Elizabeth died in 1845. One would have thought their deaths would have been registered.  He had several young children at the time.  Is there a way to search all the various pages of the census without opening each one to see where the family might have moved to.*****

                  Firstly Mary the deaths you refer to would have been recorded in the 1851 Census if the family Loughead still lived in and were present on the 29th April 1851.

                  As those records were destroyed I have no idea if anything was recorded or not.

                  Ballymoney records did not survive as well as many others including the City of Belfast.

                  I searched my forum and found the following references to.the name Loughead.

                  Any registered user is able to search the whole forum.

                  This has been done to block search engines from using to much bandwidth
                  Ballymoney (Gentry,Clergy, Merchants & Tradesmen. ETC.)
                  (extracted from Pigot Directory 1824)

                  BALLYMONEY

                  GENTRY AND CLERGY
                  Allen Saml. esq. Lisconnan
                  Hutchinson Archibald, esq. Stranocum-house
                  Hutchinson Geo. esq. magistrate, Main-street
                  Hutchinson James, esq. Lark-hill
                  Leslie James esq, Leslie-hill
                  Loughead Rev. Robert

                  INDEX "L" names from 1861-62 Griffiths-Co. Antrim
                  LOUGHEAD Ballymoney Shankill

                  Griffiths Valuation 1861-62 of Co.Antrim--by Parish
                  Ballymoney (1) A-N
                  LOUGHEAD James Garryduff Ballymoney

                  Portadown Directory, from Bassett's Book of Co Armagh, 1888
                  PORTADOWN ALPHABETICAL DIRECTORY
                  -----:o:-----
                  FARMERS AND RESIDENTS
                  Loughead, James, Derryhale Corner
                  Loughead, Joseph, Derryhale Corner
                  ********************************************************.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 20, 2014
                    This is a list of the remaining records for the 1851 Irish Census.

                    County Antrim 1851 Census Surviving Fragments:
                    The old LDS films 100839 to 100857 (19 films) which were of very poor quality with many images illegible.
                    The census images have been refilmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah (LDS) so I ordered in the films correcting a printout from Ms Excel where I transferred the files.
                    Only four films have been completed, as they take 12-15 weeks to arrive from Salt Lake City, Utah.
                    These will be available when completed in 2009 on the S. A. G. website, http://www.sag.org.au .
                    -Terry Eakin-

                    Approx.
                    refilmed 1851 Census County Antrim Fragments # LDS
                    County Parish Townland or Town Street Records Film
                    Antrim Aghagallon Montiaghs 609 597148
                    Antrim Aghagallon Tamnyvane 121 597148
                    Antrim Aghagallon Tiscallen 306 597148
                    Antrim Aghalee Aghalee 397 597149
                    Antrim Aghalee Ballynaghten 106 597149
                    Antrim Aghalee Ballynanaghten 188 597149
                    Antrim Aghalee Killough 126 597149
                    Antrim Aghalee Lurgansemanus 73 597149
                    Antrim Aghalee Poobles 202 597149
                    Antrim Aghalee Aghalee town Soldierstown Road 38 597149
                    Antrim Aghalee Aghalee Village 20 597149
                    Antrim Aghalee Aghalee Village Dublin Road 78 597149
                    Antrim Aghalee Aghalee Village 43 597149
                    Antrim Ballinderry Aghacarnan 103 597150
                    Antrim Ballinderry Aghadavy 137 597150
                    Antrim Ballinderry Aghanamoney 99 597150
                    Antrim Ballinderry Aghanliss 88 597150
                    Antrim Ballinderry Ballinderry 366 597150
                    Antrim Ballinderry Ballykelly 164 597150
                    Antrim Ballinderry Ballylacky 72 597150
                    Antrim Ballinderry Ballymaclose 278 597151
                    Antrim Ballinderry Ballymacrevan 183 597151
                    Antrim Ballinderry Ballyscolly 260 597151
                    Antrim Ballinderry Brackenhill 207 597151
                    Antrim Ballinderry Cluntirriff 109 597151
                    Antrim Ballinderry Crew Park 43 597151
                    Antrim Ballinderry Derrykillultagh 265 597151
                    Antrim Ballinderry Drumanduff 73 597151
                    Antrim Ballinderry Gortrany 56 597151
                    Antrim Ballinderry Kilcreeny 52 597151
                    Antrim Ballinderry Legatarriff 190 597151
                    Antrim Ballinderry Loughrelisk 355 597151
                    Antrim Ballinderry Lurganteneil 301 597151

                    [Continued from Volume 10, No. 5, May 2008]
                    1851 Census Fragments County Antrim:

                    Antrim Ballinderry Lurgill 202 597151
                    Antrim Ballinderry Moneycrumog 143 597151
                    Antrim Ballinderry Moygarriff 170 597151
                    Antrim Ballinderry Portmore 268 597151
                    Antrim Ballinderry Templecormac 123 597151
                    Antrim Ballinderry Tullyballydonnell 118 597151
                    Antrim Ballymoney Garryduff 310 597113
                    Antrim Finvoy Craigs 1480
                    Antrim Grange of Killyglen Ballymullock 73
                    Antrim Grange of Killyglen Drains 146
                    Antrim Grange of Killyglen Dromain 40
                    Antrim Grange of Killyglen Killyglen 217
                    Antrim Killead Ardmore 90 597146
                    Antrim Killead Aughnamullan 207 597146
                    Antrim Killead Ballyclan 128 597146
                    Antrim Killead Ballyginniff 140 597146
                    Antrim Killead Ballyhill Lower 131 597146
                    Antrim Killead Ballyhill Upper 101 597146
                    Antrim Killead Ballykennedy 180 597146
                    Antrim Killead Ballymacilhoyle 76
                    Antrim Killead Ballymacmary 83
                    Antrim Killead Ballymather Lower 124
                    Antrim Killead Ballymather Upper 88
                    Antrim Killead Ballynadrentagh 312
                    Antrim Killead Ballynageeragh 46
                    Antrim Killead Ballyquillin 101
                    Antrim Killead Ballyrobin 474
                    Antrim Killead Ballysculty 99
                    Antrim Killead Ballytweedy 116
                    Antrim Killead Boltnaconnell 114
                    Antrim Killead British 188
                    Antrim Killead of Carmavy, Grange 202
                    Antrim Killead Carnaghliss 269
                    Antrim Kilwaughter Ballyedward 91 597109
                    Antrim Kilwaughter Ballyhampton 49 597109
                    Antrim Kilwaughter Ballykeel 83 597109
                    Antrim Kilwaughter Craiginorne 123 597109
                    Antrim Kilwaughter Demesne 19 597109
                    Antrim Kilwaughter Drumnadonaghy 100 597109
                    Antrim Larne Antiville 16 597109
                    Antrim Larne Ballyboley 44 597109
                    Antrim Larne Ballycraigy 88 597109
                    Antrim Larne Ballyloran 94 597109
                    Antrim Larne Blackcave North 17 597109

                    [Continued from Volume 10, No. 6, June 2008]
                    1851 Census Fragments County Antrim:

                    Antrim Larne Blackcave South 37 597109
                    Antrim Larne Curran & Drumaliss 146 597109
                    Antrim Larne Glebe 7 597109
                    Antrim Larne Greenland 19 597109
                    Antrim Larne Town Parks 40 597109
                    Antrim Larne Larne town Old Town Street 653 597109
                    Antrim Larne Larne town Point Street 19
                    Antrim Larne Larne town Pound Street 250
                    Antrim Larne Larne town Main Street 687 597110
                    Antrim Larne Larne town Maxwells Lane 98 597110
                    Antrim Larne Larne town Mill Brae 52 597110
                    Antrim Larne Larne town Mill Lane 91 597110
                    Antrim Larne Larne town New Row Lane 54 597110
                    Antrim Larne Larne town Blacks Lane 129 597110
                    Antrim Larne Larne town Chapel Street 3 597110
                    Antrim Larne Larne town Coopers Lane 141 597110
                    Antrim Larne Larne town Croft Lane 24 597110
                    Antrim Larne Larne town Cross Street 150 597110
                    Antrim Larne Larne town Store Lane 6 597110
                    Antrim Larne Larne town Trow Lane 49 597110
                    Antrim Larne Larne town Quay Lane 175 597110
                    Antrim Dunaghy Limavallaghan 124
                    Antrim Rasharkin Killydonnelly 278 597144
                    Antrim Rasharkin Lisnagaver 180 597144
                    Antrim Rasharkin Magheraboy 258 597144
                    Antrim Rasharkin Moneyleck 118 597144
                    Antrim Rasharkin Tamlaght 302 597144
                    Antrim Rasharkin Tehorney 53 597144
                    Antrim Rasharkin Rasharkin Village A 149 597144
                    Antrim Rasharkin Rasharkin Village B 66 597144
                    Antrim Tickmacrevan Glenarm town Altmore Street 13 597107
                    Antrim Tickmacrevan Glenarm town Ship 11 597107
                    Antrim Tickmacrevan Glenarm town Altmore Street 36 597107
                    Antrim Tickmacrevan Glenarm town Ship 6 597107
                    Antrim Tickmacrevan Glenarm town Altmore Street 6 597107
                    Antrim Tickmacrevan Glenarm town Ship 10 597107
                    Antrim Tickmacrevan Glenarm town Altmore Street 19 597107
                    Antrim Tickmacrevan Glenarm town Ship 4 597107
                    Antrim Tickmacrevan Glenarm town Altmore Street 105 597107
                    Antrim Tickmacrevan Glenarm town Castle Street 186 597107
                    Antrim Tickmacrevan Glenarm town Tobermore Street 297 597107
                    Antrim Tickmacrevan Glenarm town Veral Street 174 597107
                    Antrim Tickmacrevan Glenarm town New Row 43 597107
                    Antrim Tickmacrevan Glenarm town Ship 17 597107
                    There are approx. 18,500 records in these fragments.
                    [The end of Co. ANT 1851 Census]

                    (information supplied by)
                    ‘ALL IRELAND SOURCES NEWSLETTER’
                    Editor: Terry Eakin, tea04055@...

                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 20, 2014
                      Liam's message reminded me we have a link to this 1824 directory for Co. Antrim.  Click on "MORE" under the church picture and "links" will come up - scroll through to find the 1824 directory.

                      Several years ago, I found a couple of wonderful clues in that directory for my Burnsides!  Someone else might do the same for their families!