BMD

  • Kate Connolly
    Message 1 of 33 , Mar 31, 2014
      https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/

      It took years but here it is the official GRONI look-up site live.
      Kate
    • Al Bowyer
      Message 33 of 33 , Apr 9, 2014
        Hi
        Any time ,  when you can get the time to send info again, thank you  Appreciate your effort

        Al
        On Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:03 PM, Sid <sidtrewin@...> wrote:

        Simply,

        There is a "place" on the PC called the "Clipboard".
        When you "Copy", "Cut" and "Paste" the "Clipboard" is the temporary invisible storage space.

        So you can copy something using "<ctrl>C" and it is placed in the "Clipboard".
        Pressing <PrtSc> copies the entire screen to the "Clipboard" as a picture.

        The next task is to paste the "Clipboard" contents somewhere useful.
        In this case you want to paste into an image editing program.
        Personally I use "paintdotnet" which is free and versatile.
        The snapshot of the screen appears in the program window and may be suitably cropped and saved as a jpeg.

        Sounds complicated but is pretty easy.

        Cheers
        Sid

        On 02/04/2014 22:43, lynn.skelton@... wrote:

        Hi Sid,
        Can you let us know how you managed to save your image as a jpg, I have some from yesterday that I used Print Screen with, but are now only on a word doc...........I did notice if you right clicked to copy the image it came up with a warning that GRONI doesn't allow you to Print/Copy or Save, am struggling with this at present and time is running out!...........so any advice before my 72 hrs run out would be really helpful.

        Lynn