Re: Ballymena Cemetery

  • klsy24
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 13, 2013
      Sorry if someone's already mentioned it (new to the group, just intended to browse but...) The Braid in Ballymena has an online website where I found a link to this group. They also have transcriptions of the readable gravestones in 41 of the county graveyards. May be worth a a scout before you head over to identify the graveyards that hold useful stones? website address is http://www.thebraid.com/genealogy.aspx

      you can search by surname or if you leave the surname field blank and pick a graveyard it gives you a list of all the stones transcribed in that graveyard.

      I've found it quite useful as I don't get over to Ireland as often as I used to so I can search without visiting.

      --- In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Linda Cox <nirish73@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > Does anyone have an email address or contact information for Ballymena Cemetery? I will be over in NI this summer and would like to visit the cemetery. I know some family members were buried there, but I don't know the grave locations.
      >
      > Also wondering how far back the burials go there?
      >
      > Thank you.

    • Kathleen Connolly
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 14, 2013
        And add to that