Re: [Mid-AntrimGenealogy] Re: Armstrong/Houston/Chambers

  • Linda Cox
    Message 1 of 11 , May 20, 2013
      Hi Rosemary,
      Thank you. I actually saw this on your website, which confirmed for me that I had the correct family. Thanks for putting your website out there. The Anderson's seem to have been a large family in the area. I am not having much luck with the Chambers side unfortunately.

      Thanks again!

      Message 2 of 11 , May 20, 2013
        There are Houstons in the Ahoghill Cemetery.

        Is mise le meas,
        Gobnait
        Más mall, is mithid!

        Amazon US -The Survival of Thomas Ford by John A. A. Logan

        Amazon UK-The Survival of Thomas Ford

        Amazon US - Storm Damage by John A. A. Logan

        Amazon UK - Storm Damage

        Message 3 of 11 , May 21, 2013
          Thank you. Is 1st Ahoghill the only Presbyterian church in Ahoghill? I see a record there on the braid site, but it is not the Houston I am looking for.

          Message 4 of 11 , May 22, 2013

            Linda Cox: I hope you aren't trying to get back into the 1700's for Ahoghill churcvh parish records, they do not exist. Some years ago the Presbyterian Historical did a search for me for the period of 1730 and found nothing.

            Message 5 of 11 , May 22, 2013
              I'm not as far back as the 1700's yet. I am looking for William and Margaret Houston born about 1810-1820. I think Margaret died after 1901 and William died sometime between 1890-1901. They were most likely Presbyterian, but could possibly have been Christian Brethren.
              Thank you,
              Linda

              Message 6 of 11 , May 22, 2013

                Linda Cox: Well for that operiod of time you should have much better luck, but for some reason church records for Ireland are few and far between.

                Message 7 of 11 , May 26, 2013
                  There are 3 Presbyterian churches in Ahoghill (all still active). However bear in mind that there were other Presbyterian churches nearby eg in Grange, Cullybackey and Ballymena, so if your ancestors don’t show up in any of the Ahoghill churches you might need to widen your search.

                  With family plots, the graveyard where someone is buried isn’t necessarily where they attended church.