Re: Gibson and Mary Logan

  • Fred
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2013
      This is very interesting.

      You must be dealing with a older generation. Here is a will that I found in PRONI for James Gibson (1815-1885).
      Title : Date of Death : 27 April 1885
      Surname : Gibson Date of Grant : 27 January 1893
      Forename : James Reseal Date :
      Registry : Belfast Effects : Effects £ 624 9s. 1d.

      Full Abstract :
      The Will of James Gibson late of Loughconly County Antrim Farmer who died 27 April 1885 at same place was proved at Belfast by Samuel Gibson of Loughloughan said County Farmer the Surviving Executor.

      The date of the will is April 25 - two days before death. The will is also indexed in Loughloughan.

      He had at least 5 children, one of whom was Mary Logan Gibson. I do not have any information on her. Another daughter Matilda married John Boyle on March 26, 1880 in Wellington Street church Ballymena (I have marriage from parish records). Their son Joseph (1884 - 1963) is my grand father.

      I would be most intersted in comparing notes.

      Fred
      Oakville Canada