McBride from Broughshane area

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 2013
      I am wondering if anyone in this group has any information on a McBride family who lived north of Broughshane near Martinstown. Specifically looking for a Moses Paul McBride born circa 1853 to Robert (?) McBride. He was married to Nancy (Agnes) Paul, daughter of Moses Paul and Elizabeth Hyndman, in 1874. They had a son named Moses Paul McBride born in 1875.

      M.P. McBride is listed in Griffiths Valuation Revision books as taking over his father in law's farm in Legnagooley townland in 1876. His wife Nancy died in 1917 and her will is referenced on PRONI.

      It's M.P. McBride's mother's name and ancestry I am most interested in. I am guessing that she was a Paul, too.
    • oleoghain02

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 9, 2013
          Hi Deb:

          I have no information on Elizabeth Hyndman except that she was born c. 1815 and died in 1900 at Coreen townland near Broughshane; John McBride present. Sorry I cant help you any further with the Hyndmans.

          One mistake in my last posting: Moses Paul BcBride born in 1875 was the son of James McBride and Hannah Paul, not Moses P. McBride and Nancy Paul.

          Michael

          --- In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, OLeoghain@... wrote:

          > Dear Sir or Madam:
          >
          > I don't know about the McBrides but I am interested in your Hindman/Hyndman
          > connection.
          >
          > Deb Logan

          > In a message dated 4/7/2013 5:14:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          > mjumpherson@... writes:
          >

          > I am wondering if anyone in this group has any information on a McBride
          > family who lived north of Broughshane near Martinstown. Specifically looking
          > for a Moses Paul McBride born circa 1853 to Robert (?) McBride. He was
          > married to Nancy (Agnes) Paul, daughter of Moses Paul and Elizabeth Hyndman, in
          > 1874. They had a son named Moses Paul McBride born in 1875.
          >
          > M.P. McBride is listed in Griffiths Valuation Revision books as taking
          > over his father in law's farm in Legnagooley townland in 1876. His wife Nancy
          > died in 1917 and her will is referenced on PRONI.
          >
          > It's M.P. McBride's mother's name and ancestry I am most interested in. I
          > am guessing that she was a Paul, too.

        • David Kennedy
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 9, 2013
            1901 Census, for Glenravel ED, Co. Antrim, but spelt as Glenravill ED in 1911, has your McBrides. They may also be in the 1851 census fragment for parish of Dunaghy.
            Regards David
          • Michael
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 9, 2013
              Thanks David. For some reason, Moses is not listed with the family in the 1911 census. He was certainly alive as Nancy (Agnes) was noted as "married" in 1911 and when she died in 1917, she left her estate to her husband Moses P. McBride. Another mystery.