Birth Records - Boyle

  • Fred
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2013
      I found these two records on familysearch.org but do not have a subscription to Irish birth records.

      nameAnnie Eliza Boyle
      event typeBirth
      event dateOct - Dec 1907
      event placeBallymena, Ireland
      registration quarter and yearOct - Dec 1907
      registration districtBallymena
      age
      birth year (estimated)
      mother's maiden name
      volume number1
      page number74
      gs film number101071
      digital folder number004194690

      and

      nameJohn Boyle
      event typeBirth
      event dateJan - Mar 1909
      event placeBelfast, Ireland
      registration quarter and yearJan - Mar 1909
      registration districtBelfast
      age
      birth year (estimated)
      mother's maiden name
      volume number1
      page number267
      gs film number101072
      digital folder number004194691

      If these are the correct births the father should be Joseph and the mother Agnes.

      I would like to order the birth certificates and would appreciate if someone could confirm these are the correct records to order. Any assistance would be appreciated.

      The family emigrated to Winnipeg Canada in 1911 and other children were born there.

      Thanks
      Fred
      Oakville Canada
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2013
        Elwyn is our expert on this and I believe he is away at the moment. Perhaps he will check his email in a few days and get back with you. Please let us know if you do not find your answer and I will try to help. Elwyn lives in Atrim so he is your best source.

        Linda

        --- In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <fredpincock@...> wrote:

        > I found these two records on familysearch.org but do not have a subscription to Irish birth records.
        >
        > nameAnnie Eliza Boyle
        > event typeBirth
        > event dateOct - Dec 1907
        > event placeBallymena, Ireland
        > registration quarter and yearOct - Dec 1907
        > registration districtBallymena
        > age
        > birth year (estimated)
        > mother's maiden name
        > volume number1
        > page number74
        > gs film number101071
        > digital folder number004194690
        >
        > and
        >
        > nameJohn Boyle
        > event typeBirth
        > event dateJan - Mar 1909
        > event placeBelfast, Ireland
        > registration quarter and yearJan - Mar 1909
        > registration districtBelfast
        > age
        > birth year (estimated)
        > mother's maiden name
        > volume number1
        > page number267
        > gs film number101072
        > digital folder number004194691
        >
        > If these are the correct births the father should be Joseph and the mother Agnes.
        >
        > I would like to order the birth certificates and would appreciate if someone could confirm these are the correct records to order. Any assistance would be appreciated.
        >
        > The family emigrated to Winnipeg Canada in 1911 and other children were born there.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Fred
        > Oakville Canada

      • Fred
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2013
          Thanks Linda,

          I knew Elwyn was out of town as I am patiently waiting for his help on the Valuation Revision books.

          Fred
          Oakville Canada

          --- In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Holley" <ljholley@...> wrote:

          > Elwyn is our expert on this and I believe he is away at the moment. Perhaps he will check his email in a few days and get back with you. Please let us know if you do not find your answer and I will try to help. Elwyn lives in Atrim so he is your best source.
          >
          > Linda
          >
          > --- In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <fredpincock@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I found these two records on familysearch.org but do not have a subscription to Irish birth records.
          > >
          > > nameAnnie Eliza Boyle
          > > event typeBirth
          > > event dateOct - Dec 1907
          > > event placeBallymena, Ireland
          > > registration quarter and yearOct - Dec 1907
          > > registration districtBallymena
          > > age
          > > birth year (estimated)
          > > mother's maiden name
          > > volume number1
          > > page number74
          > > gs film number101071
          > > digital folder number004194690
          > >
          > > and
          > >
          > > nameJohn Boyle
          > > event typeBirth
          > > event dateJan - Mar 1909
          > > event placeBelfast, Ireland
          > > registration quarter and yearJan - Mar 1909
          > > registration districtBelfast
          > > age
          > > birth year (estimated)
          > > mother's maiden name
          > > volume number1
          > > page number267
          > > gs film number101072
          > > digital folder number004194691
          > >
          > > If these are the correct births the father should be Joseph and the mother Agnes.
          > >
          > > I would like to order the birth certificates and would appreciate if someone could confirm these are the correct records to order. Any assistance would be appreciated.
          > >
          > > The family emigrated to Winnipeg Canada in 1911 and other children were born there.
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > Fred
          > > Oakville Canada

        • Karen B
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2013
            Fred,
            Found this record for John, but had no luck with Annie. I searched under Ann and Eliza. That doesn't mean you haven't found the right record on familysearch, only that Ancestry Ireland doesn't have it. Hopefully, Elwyn can check it out at PRONI when he returns.
            Karen

            Ulster Historical Foundation
            Field Value
            Parish/District URBAN 4 Civil
            Date Of Birth 18/02/1909
            Date of Baptism / Registration 10/03/1909
            First name JOHN
            Surname BOYLE
            Sex Male
            Denomination Civil Parish
            Fathers Firstname JOSEPH
            Fathers Surname BOYLE
            Fathers Occupation BREADSERVER
            Mother Firstname AGNES
            Mother Surname SUTTER
            Witness1 Firstname JOSEPH
            Witness1 Surname BOYLE
            Witness2 Firstname
            Witness2 Surname
            Address1 45 WINDSOR ROAD
            Address2 Belfast
            Address3 Belfast
            Address4
            Comment1
            Comment2 ASSISTANT REGISTRAR A MORRISON.
            www.ancestryireland.com

            --- In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <fredpincock@...> wrote:

            > I found these two records on familysearch.org but do not have a subscription to Irish birth records.
            >
            > nameAnnie Eliza Boyle
            > event typeBirth
            > event dateOct - Dec 1907
            > event placeBallymena, Ireland
            > registration quarter and yearOct - Dec 1907
            > registration districtBallymena
            > age
            > birth year (estimated)
            > mother's maiden name
            > volume number1
            > page number74
            > gs film number101071
            > digital folder number004194690
            >
            > and
            >
            > nameJohn Boyle
            > event typeBirth
            > event dateJan - Mar 1909
            > event placeBelfast, Ireland
            > registration quarter and yearJan - Mar 1909
            > registration districtBelfast
            > age
            > birth year (estimated)
            > mother's maiden name
            > volume number1
            > page number267
            > gs film number101072
            > digital folder number004194691
            >
            > If these are the correct births the father should be Joseph and the mother Agnes.
            >
            > I would like to order the birth certificates and would appreciate if someone could confirm these are the correct records to order. Any assistance would be appreciated.
            >
            > The family emigrated to Winnipeg Canada in 1911 and other children were born there.
            >
            > Thanks
            > Fred
            > Oakville Canada

          • Fred
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2, 2013
              Thanks Karen,

              I will send for a photocopy from Roscommon. I had found a 1910 Belfast directory and a Joseph Boyle at 45 Windsor Road, but did not think it was the correct person. The fact that Agnes Sutter is the mother makes it 100% certain to be the correct one.

              Fred
              Oakville

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 5, 2013
                Fred,

                I don’t have a subscription to any of the pay to view sites and so can’t help you directly but if you post on the Belfast Board, someone there may be able to help. If you title the message “Emerald Look up” or similar, you may get the answer.

                What these sites provide is a transcript. The certificates themselves are not on-line anywhere (yet).

                http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/board,20.0.html

                Elwyn