Re: [Mid-AntrimGenealogy] Re: Family of John Ewing and Mary McKelvey

  • Linda Graham
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 18, 2013

      Thank you so much for the photos. I love the images of the Church of Ireland. That is where the Bells & Kennedy's attended & married. My gt grandmother's youngest sister Annie Gawn married Samuel James Kennedy of Lisnevenagh.

      Aunt Lizzie Henry on the other hand was choirmistress at the Presbyterian Church. I have photos of the Presbyterian which I took in 1999 and where James Ewing is buried.

      I will look carefully through the research from PRONI sent to me by a friend in the 1980s to see if there are Dunsilly tithes among them. I have found the revaluations which show when the Henry property went from Bryce to his reps, then to son William. The Tithes are not on that record.

      Cheers

      Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 4:54 AM
      Subject: Re: [Mid-AntrimGenealogy] Re: Family of John Ewing and Mary McKelvey

      Linda,

      Feehogue is probably the same as Main St. Most of Main St is in Randalstown townland but the upper section leading out of town towards Portglenone would be in Feehogue.

      Yes there are tithes for the area. Dunsilly is in Antrim parish, rather than Drummaul, so they should be on MIC15AA/2 at PRONI. They just aren’t on-line anywhere, though there is a CD version somewhere, if its still available.

      Elwyn