RTE’s The Genealogy Roadshow is Back!

  • L.G. McF
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2013
      RTE’s The Genealogy Roadshow is Back!

      Do you think you might be related to someone famous or infamous?
      Could you be connected to a big event in local history?
      Need to solve a family mystery?
      Or just love Genealogy?

      The Genealogy Roadshow is back for a second series on RTÉ Television and you are invited to the making of the show! It’s a free day out at an Irish landmark. Presented by Derek Mooney, the show is coming to Lumen Christi College, Bishop Street, Derry/Londonderry BT48 6UJ on Saturday, 23rd of March 2013 and we want you to be there!

      The Roadshow’s crack historical and genealogical team will be in the College all afternoon eagerly helping people find extraordinary stories in their family, as well as giving free advice on how to track down a family history.

      Stories that will be featured on the day include:
      Oscar-winning actress Meryl Streep, can we find her relatives?
      A farmer searches for a link to St Oliver Plunkett
      A local Family’s link to the First ‘Medal of Honour’ Winner of WWII
      These fascinating subjects and more will be explored on the day.

      There’s a new genealogy expert this year too. Susan Chadwick from Offaly will be chasing down the leads and revealing all the answers along with John Grenham and Turtle Bunbury.

      Admission is free and all are welcome. But we would ask people who are thinking of attending to get in touch because we will be filming twice – at 12.30pm and again at 2.30pm on the day. You can come along for the whole event or the time of your choice.

      Call Ciara (from Derry) on 028 308 34046 or (from Donegal) on 048 308 34046

      Or drop her an email to genealogy@... - Thank you!

      (Information via PRONI)