Re:findmypast query for Michael

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 29 , Oct 1, 2012
      I also put my credits on the findmypastdot-codot-uk website which seems to have no access to Irish records. My own mistake. Probably no way to convert those credits over to the dot-ie site.

      How many different websites do those guys have? Too many in my opinion.
      Michael

      Message 2 of 29 , Oct 1, 2012
        Try      findmypast.com    and let us know if that works.

        Linda

      • margaretcarey@cox.net
        Message 3 of 29 , Oct 1, 2012
          Linda/ Michael,

          I was able to obtain the 30 credits for ScotlandsPeople with no problems at all. My account on Findmypast.com would not recognize the voucher but that makes sense as I don't need credits with my subscription anyway and can view anything that interests me.
          However, opening up a 'free' account on findmypast.co.uk would accept the voucher.

          At $4.95 per month for their World records at Findmypast.com, I thought that it was a good deal and a lot easier than messing around with their credits system.

          Margaret

          =============

        • Robert J.E. Simpson
          Message 4 of 29 , Oct 6, 2012
            As you've asked, the complete list of passwords for the Daily Mail Findmypast.co.uk promotion is as follows (doesn't matter what order you add them).

            Robert

            :

            1. Family
            2. Tree
            4. Heritage
            5. Grandad
            6. Villains
            7. Heroes
            8. Intrigue
            9. Manor
            10. Noble
            11. Aristocracy
            12. Farm
            13. Secrets
            14. Marriage
            15. Grandmother
            16. Relative
            17. Great
            18. Record
            19. Mystery

            On 29 September 2012 19:46, Michael <mjumpherson@...> wrote:

            Linda:
            No, I don't think the UK version of Findmypast has the Irish records. I don't have a subscription to either, but when I do a general search on the dotcom version (UK) I find nothing about Ireland. Maybe someone else can comment on this?

          • DAVID GIBSON
            Message 5 of 29 , Oct 7, 2012
              How do I get an account to use the Daily Mail Promotion to Find My Past? ie, is there a section to fill in all the words for the promotion and where is it to be found???

              Thanks for an early reply

              David Gibson

            • fredpincock
              Message 6 of 29 , Oct 7, 2012
                Go to this page and follow the instructions. You have to register with the paper first.

                --- In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, DAVID GIBSON <davidgibson42@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > >> with the credits and went through the same process you did. But I did
                > >> accept the credits and have some English relatives to look up anyways.

                > >> ScotlandPeople. I signed in but couldn't seem to locate where to put the
                > >> password to get credits. I would like to look up quite a few Burnside and
                > >> McNair items. Thank you for any help!!

                > >> Did you get an email with the code? Once you sign into findmypast website,
                > >> click on the box on the left hand side that says Activate voucher; then
                > >> enter the code from the email in boxes provided.

                > >> after entering all 10 passwords. You do have to register if you have not
                > >> done so already. Hopefully some kind sole will post the next 10 passwords,
                > >> please.

                > >> "country select" box to say I'm from Australia, so I decided it was true
                > >> enough to select one of the UK options, considering my forebears were all

              • Mary Symons
                Message 7 of 29 , Oct 8, 2012

                  Dear Robert,

                  I have successfully input all passwords in http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/prmts/article-2201479/Find-family-history-free.html  and have activated the code for both  findmypast.co.uk and scotlandspeople.

                  Thank you very much.

                  Mary

                  As you've asked, the complete list of passwords for the Daily Mail Findmypast.co.uk promotion is as follows (doesn't matter what order you add them).

                  Robert

                  :

                  1.     Family

                  2.     Tree

                  4.     Heritage

                  5.     Grandad

                  6.     Villains

                  7.     Heroes

                  8.     Intrigue

                  9.     Manor

                  10.   Noble

                  11.   Aristocracy

                  12.   Farm

                  13.   Secrets

                  14.   Marriage

                  15.   Grandmother

                  16.   Relative

                  17.   Great

                  18.   Record

                  19.   Mystery

                  On 29 September 2012 19:46, Michael <mjumpherson@...> wrote:

                  Linda:
                  No, I don't think the UK version of Findmypast has the Irish records. I don't have a subscription to either, but when I do a general search on the dotcom version (UK) I find nothing about Ireland. Maybe someone else can comment on this?

                  Michael

                  --- In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Linda Holley <ljholley@...> wrote:

                  > Actually, my subscription to the ie. was going to run out in November so I subscribed to the uk. version in my husband's name and email address to get the special price as it was not being offered to me so I guess I also need credits there. I believe the uk site is going to have all the Irish records on it - am I right?
                  >
                  > Linda
                  > On Sep 29, 2012, at 9:05 AM, Michael wrote:
                  >
                  > > Linda:
                  > >
                  > > You have a subscription to FindMyPast.ie (Ireland) which doesn't offer this promotion. It's FindMyPast.uk (the English version) that accepts the credits. I know your frustration as I wanted to lookup Irish records with the credits and went through the same process you did. But I did accept the credits and have some English relatives to look up anyways.
                  > > Michael
                  > >

                  > > --- In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Linda Holley <ljholley@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > I have a subscription to findmypast - I wanted the credits for ScotlandPeople. I signed in but couldn't seem to locate where to put the password to get credits. I would like to look up quite a few Burnside and McNair items. Thank you for any help!!
                  > > >
                  > > > Linda

                • Deborah Adles