Fw: The big storm

  • Gordon Crooks
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2012

      Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2012 9:42 AM
      Subject: The big storm

      I wondered what Elwin was talking about regarding Friday nights storm here UNTIL I read the paper and how extensive the damage to Maryland is. There are over 800,000 families without power and it is expected to take all week to restore power to all of them. what is so odd is that my area usually gets whacked pretty good, we are about 975 feet above sea level, there is a County forest  a 1/4 a mile away with many ageing and dead trees in it. I myself probably have 40 some trees on my property and I didn't lose a leaf or twig from any of them, not did my neighbors. Baltimore City which is about 20 some miles away got very heard hit. Apparently the storm was more intense in some areas and milder in others. My neighbor two houses up spent over $14,000.00 installing the state of the art generator system and was moaning to me about it not being used. I suggested they ask for their money back !