Rea

  • Kathleen Connolly
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
      To you Rea researchers out there is this any use???
      2nd Kilrea PCI
      18th Aug 1882 James Alexander Rea F B Grocer, Kilrea, f James, Kilrea, Farmer to
      Sarah Bolton F S, Kilrea f John, Farmer
      Witnesses:- Wm T Bolton, Elizabeth Bolton

      Kate

      The Route Back Home 19th - 21st Sept 2012
      www.visitballymoney.com
    • Gordon Crooks
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
          Kate,

          Was this info from the Methodist files?

          Also would like to ask a new question about The Ref. Pres. Church. Was there "New Light" and "Old Light" groups in Ireland as there are/were in PA? I have run across another problem trying to find my Burnside's church here in America.

          Linda

          --- In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Crooks" <gordoncrooks@...> wrote:

          > Hi Kate: I saw your msg. regarding the Rea's and I do know some of them here and know where many are buried etc. The problem with them is that there was apparently several or more Rea families in N.I. and several of them migrated to Pennsylvania in the early 1700's, so the problem here is trying to match up who is who.
          >
          > Gordon

        • Gordon Crooks
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
            Linda: All of the Rea's that i know of were Presbyterians and I can think of 2 Convenanter cemeteries that they are buried in Pennsylvania.

            Regarding your question to Kate, it is my impression that the reformed movement actually got started in Scotland. Remember just a handful of the eatly pastors here were Convenanters. By about 1770 almost all of the arrivals were reformed and/or associate reformed. As for the Methodists I have never run across them until a later period of time, Quakers and Brethren were both her early on.

            Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 1:31 PM
            Subject: [Mid-AntrimGenealogy] "New Light"/"Old Light" Ref. Pres. Church

            Kate,

            Was this info from the Methodist files?

            Also would like to ask a new question about The Ref. Pres. Church. Was there "New Light" and "Old Light" groups in Ireland as there are/were in PA? I have run across another problem trying to find my Burnside's church here in America.

            Linda

            --- In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Crooks" <gordoncrooks@...> wrote:

            > Hi Kate: I saw your msg. regarding the Rea's and I do know some of them here and know where many are buried etc. The problem with them is that there was apparently several or more Rea families in N.I. and several of them migrated to Pennsylvania in the early 1700's, so the problem here is trying to match up who is who.
            >
            > Gordon

          • JWebb994
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2012
              I have Rea's from Antrim in Illinois. James Rea born about 1774 in Donegal, died about 1834 in Tobergill, Ireland (not much on him). His daughter, Margaret Rea, born 4-11-1817 in Antrim, died 12-4-1901, Ireland. Margaret was married to William Sloan, born 1-24-1818 in Antrim. Died 10-14-1879 buried South Henderson Cemetery, Gladstone, Henderson County, Illinois. There is also a stone there for his wife, even though she died in Ireland.
              Then later I connect with some Rea's in California. They were born in Ohio but I suspect but have not confirmed that they descend from ancestors in Ireland. You know how the Irish tend to stay connected.