Rev. Cuthbertson

  • Gordon Crooks
    Message 1 of 7 , May 20, 2012
    Mike & Elwin: The first two pages that you are looking at are from Rev. Culbertson's diary which was pubished many years ago. You will note the marriage between Mary Crunkleton and James Crooks, they are my 6th removed grandparents and my Crooks connection to the Crunkletons. Poor little Mary was all of 13 years old when she married James Crooks who was 29 years of age. The 3rd picture is Rev. Cuthbertson's in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. i can't begin to tell you how all of these notations helped me with my genealogy, all told for all of my related families there are about 20 entries covering the years, It was also a great help geographically example he left my Crooks farms and went 9 miles to the Manor of Maske to my uncle David Dunwoodie's house, so I know exactly where he lived.

                                      Gordon Crooks
    Message 2 of 7 , May 21, 2012
      Did Rev. Culbertson ever go to western PA?

      Linda

      --- In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Crooks" <gordoncrooks@...> wrote:

      > Mike & Elwin: The first two pages that you are looking at are from Rev. Culbertson's diary which was pubished many years ago. You will note the marriage between Mary Crunkleton and James Crooks, they are my 6th removed grandparents and my Crooks connection to the Crunkletons. Poor little Mary was all of 13 years old when she married James Crooks who was 29 years of age. The 3rd picture is Rev. Cuthbertson's in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. i can't begin to tell you how all of these notations helped me with my genealogy, all told for all of my related families there are about 20 entries covering the years, It was also a great help geographically example he left my Crooks farms and went 9 miles to the Manor of Maske to my uncle David Dunwoodie's house, so I know exactly where he lived.
      >
      > Gordon Crooks

    • Gordon Crooks
      Message 3 of 7 , May 21, 2012
        Yes I think at one time he was up around Pittsburgh, he also traveled into New York, Delaware and Virginia, but his main stamping grounds was Pennsylvania and his home was near Lancaster, Pa.

        Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 8:02 AM
        Subject: [Mid-AntrimGenealogy] Re: Rev. Cuthbertson

        Message 4 of 7 , May 21, 2012
          I wonder if he left any records about his travels in western PA?

          Linda

          --- In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Crooks" <gordoncrooks@...> wrote:

          > Yes I think at one time he was up around Pittsburgh, he also traveled into New York, Delaware and Virginia, but his main stamping grounds was Pennsylvania and his home was near Lancaster, Pa.
          >
          > Gordon

        • Gordon Crooks
          Message 5 of 7 , May 21, 2012
            Yes he left records of ALL of his travels. I would suggest you try and biorrow a copy of his diary somewhere and read it to see where he actually traveled and who he met etc. Genealogical Publishing Co in Baltimorte originally published his diary in 1934, they are located in Baltimore and you can e mail them to find out if any reprints are available.
            Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 9:41 AM

            Message 6 of 7 , May 21, 2012
              The brief index that is available online shows me there were no Burnsides - did see your Crooks. There are several copies in PA - one at the state library.

              Thanks!!

              Linda
              --- In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Crooks" <gordoncrooks@...> wrote:

              > Yes he left records of ALL of his travels. I would suggest you try and biorrow a copy of his diary somewhere and read it to see where he actually traveled and who he met etc. Genealogical Publishing Co in Baltimorte originally published his diary in 1934, they are located in Baltimore and you can e mail them to find out if any reprints are available.
              > Gordon

            • Gordon Crooks
              Message 7 of 7 , May 21, 2012
                Good you were able to see the index of names. Yes I have long known of my Crooks and other related families and have copies of all of them, however I do not have the entire book

                Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 11:50 AM