Re: [nalil] Drumnagee - Purdy and Kelly

  • L.G. McF
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2012
    Hi Karen,

    I am attaching a MS Word 2010 file that will give an indication of what is available for Larne but the same will apply to Ballymena or any other place in N. Ireland. I intend to adapt this document and make it more general when I have time..

    greetings

    Liam

    Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:49 AM
    Subject: [nalil] Drumnagee - Purdy and Kelly

    Hi everyone

    Still working at times on my Purdy/Kelly ancestors, and on looking at the Griffiths again, I see a John Kelly in Drumnagee, Ballintoy, and a William Purdy in Drumnagee.

    I have taken a look at the 1901 Census and see that the majority of the Kelly families are RC.

    I have no knowledge at all about these records - can someone point me to what may be available for the timeframe 1845 to say 1865 with regard to BDM.

    I am thinking that it is possible I've been "barking up the wrong tree" and the family may not have been protestant as I first thought, just because they were here in NZ.  Perhaps Rose Purdy may have attended the Protestant church because her husband did.

    Thanks - I know you'll all be full of good ideas to start me on my way.

    Cheers
    Karen

  • valsgirl49
    Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2012
      Thank you Liam,
      The information you have shared has come at an opportune time for me.
      I'm preparing a talk for our local Genealogy Group titled "Lost - Irish Ancestors".
      My friends, here in Brisbane, Australia, will benefit from your posting also.
      Cheers,
      Marilyn