Re: Fwd: Mid Antrim

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 7, 2011
      Beverly,

      If you want you may post some of your pictures for our group. Just let me know if you need help in doing so.

      Linda

      --- In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "muslud" <muslud62@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > --- In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Elwyn Soutter <elwynsoutter@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Beverley,
      > >

      > > David M’Meekin’s marriage to Alice Jane
      > > Junkin was registered in Ballymena July â€" Sept 1890 Volume 1, page 105. You can
      > > order a photocopy of that certificate from GRO Roscommon. Provided you quote
      > > the place, year, quarter (if one is given), Volume and page number, and GRO
      > > don’t have to do any searching, it should only cost you €4. Tick the box for a
      > > photocopy. It takes about 7 to 10 days to come. That certificate should
      > > normally give you her townland (address, and her father’s name and occupation.
      > > Download the application form from this site: www.groireland.ie/
      > >
      > > David’s father was Thomas M’Meekin. Alice’s
      > > was John Junkin.
      > >
      > > I notice your McMeekins from Millquarter
      > > are Church of Ireland. I am about to go through the Ballyscullion COI parish
      > > records for someone else. Are you interested in any McMeekin or Junkin entries.
      > > If so, you should know that COI charge £12 an hour for access. Would you be
      > > willing to split the costs with the other person?
      > >
      > > According to Griffiths Valuation, in 1862,
      > > John Junkin was renting a house, offices (outbuildings) and 8 acres of land in
      > > Millquarter (plot 17). I know how to find that property if you are interested
      > > in locating it. I know Millquarter quite well having done a fair bit of
      > > research there, and can tell you that most of the older farms have been knocked
      > > down and replaced by modern white bungalows, but occasionally the old buildings
      > > have survived as outbuildings to the new hoimes. The two pubs that were there
      > > in the 1860s are still there (Neesons and the Cross Keys Inn, which claims to
      > > be the oldest thatched pub in Ireland. It was built in the 1600s). I have
      > > photos of them if you want them. Or you can see the Cross Keys on this link:
      > >
      > > http://www.discoverireland.com/gb/ireland-things-to-see-and-do/listings/?fid=NITB_10656
      > >
      > > There were no M’Meekin households in
      > > Millquarter in 1862. The marriage certificate may reveal where they originate.
      > >
      > > I do know a couple of families who live in
      > > Millquarter. Do you want me to ask if there are still McMeekins &
      > > Junkins  in the area, or perhaps
      > > you already know the answer to that?
      > >
      > > Robert Hutchinson married Jane Mulvenna.
      > > Their marriage is registered in Ballymena July â€" Sept 1890, Volume 1, page
      > > 122.  His father was Thomas Hutchinson.
      > > Hers was James Mulvenna.
      > >
      > > In 1862 James Mulvenna was renting a house,
      > > offices and 8 acres in Craigywarren. (Plot 14). Again that should be easy
      > > enough to find today. Looks to be off the modern Cloughwater Rd.
      > >
      > > Hugh, Rachel & Samuel Mulvenna of
      > > Craigywarren all signed the Ulster Covenant in 1912. As did David & Thomas McMeekin
      > > of Millquarter. If you want to see their actual signatures on-line go to:

    • muslud
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 7, 2011
        Thanks Linda, I will do that and I probably will need help!

        --- In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Holley" <ljholley@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > >
        > > > There were no M’Meekin households in
        > > > Millquarter in 1862. The marriage certificate may reveal where they originate.
        > > >
        > > > I do know a couple of families who live in
        > > > Millquarter. Do you want me to ask if there are still McMeekins &
        > > > Junkins  in the area, or perhaps
        > > > you already know the answer to that?
        > > >
        > > > Robert Hutchinson married Jane Mulvenna.
        > > > Their marriage is registered in Ballymena July â€" Sept 1890, Volume 1, page
        > > > 122.  His father was Thomas Hutchinson.
        > > > Hers was James Mulvenna.
        > > >
        > > > In 1862 James Mulvenna was renting a house,
        > > > offices and 8 acres in Craigywarren. (Plot 14). Again that should be easy
        > > > enough to find today. Looks to be off the modern Cloughwater Rd.
        > > >
        > > > Hugh, Rachel & Samuel Mulvenna of
        > > > Craigywarren all signed the Ulster Covenant in 1912. As did David & Thomas McMeekin
        > > > of Millquarter. If you want to see their actual signatures on-line go to:

      • Al Bowyer
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 7, 2011
          In reference to what Beverly wrote below-- about Millquarter--  there weere McMullin/ens living there  during the Griffiths Val era.  If any of your pictures have  that name on the back of them, they could be part of my family.  BUT I  don't know what they looked like, but would be interesting.  I'm in  PA
          Al