Re: [Mid-AntrimGenealogy] Five Free Family History Tools

  • L.G. McF
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1 5:20 PM
      Hi Linda

      If you want to see Barbara she discusses her new book here.....

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs2Sa3VRB3E+to+see+my+promo+interview+for+my+recently+completed+novel

      greetings

      Liam

      On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Linda Holley <ljholley@...> wrote:

      I appreciate your offer to contact Barbara Connor but I fear I do not know enough to speak intelligently with her.  Sad really!  I more I read the more confused I become but surely it will all fall into place in my mind before too much longer.

      Linda

      On Mar 28, 2011, at 9:18 PM, L.G. McF wrote:

      Hi Linda,

      I have an American author on my Facebook friends list She is called Barbara E. Connor. This what she wrote about herself.

      ""I have just finished my first novel, GILLIE, and currently involved in an agent/publisher -search. Drawing on the rich history of my direct genealogical line to the Clan McGregor,all creative time is now spent researching Sixteenth-Century Scot and Irish history for my next novel to be set in Scotland and Northern Ireland..""

      I do not have an email address for her but can send her a private message with your email address via Facebook if you would like that. She is must be in her early 70's.

      greetings

      Liam

      On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Linda Holley <ljholley@...> wrote:

      It sometimes boggles my mind as I read her letter that it is 223 years old.  I was adopted when I was 18 months old so I never knew anything about the Burnsides until I was about 40 never having met a single relative.  Now all these years later there is only about three people who have ever spent any time at all researching this family.  I wish I could have shared the two old letters with my adopted Mother who helped me have my adoption records opened.  I am trying to write a bit of history about the Burnsides so that they will never be forgotten again but must admit I am stumped on how to begin :O)

      Linda

      On Mar 28, 2011, at 12:57 PM, L.G. McF wrote:

      Interesting turn of phrase, leaves me still wondering. Thanks for sharing the thoughts of a lady written 223 years ago. Bet she never thought she would live on in the memory of your family for so long..

      greetings

      Liam

      On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 6:51 PM, Linda Holley <ljholley@...> wrote:

      Liam,

      There were quite a few definitions mentioned but I feel certain her meaning was that her daughter was physically weak.  It would be interesting to know if she died shortly after the letter was written.   The sentence read "Janet has three sons and two daughters all well but Janet is tender herself"  I would be physically weak myself if I had 5 children to take care of in 1788 on top of all that women had to do to keep a house :O)

      I loved the "cannibal relatives"

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2 4:04 PM
        Liam,

        Thank you! I will check out these new possibilities in the morning. It is dinner time here in North Carolina and then movie time - hopefully a British one from Netflix online!

        Linda