McCAMBRIDGE and O'HAGAN ancestors in Co Antrim

  • cherylannebailey
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2010
      I am researching McCAMBRIDGE and O'HAGAN ancestors in Co Antrim for the period 1800 - 1890, particularly in Ballymena and surrounding area.

      Hugh McCambridge's wife Mary married a Charles O'Hagan. Hugh died whilst building the railway at Ballymena but I have found no record of his death so far -my brick wall!

      Glad to have joined the list and look forward to reading the posts

      Cheers
      Cherylanne
      NSW, Australia
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2010
        Can anyone help Cherlanne with her McCambridges and O'Hagans.

        Linda

        --- In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "cherylannebailey" <cherylannebailey2@...> wrote:

        > I am researching McCAMBRIDGE and O'HAGAN ancestors in Co Antrim for the period 1800 - 1890, particularly in Ballymena and surrounding area.
        >
        > Hugh McCambridge's wife Mary married a Charles O'Hagan. Hugh died whilst building the railway at Ballymena but I have found no record of his death so far -my brick wall!
        >
        > Glad to have joined the list and look forward to reading the posts
        >
        > Cheers
        > Cherylanne
        > NSW, Australia

      • elwynsoutter
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 2010
          Cherylanne,

          You are looking for a record of Hugh McCambridge's death. The railway first reached Ballymena from Belfast in 1848. If Hugh died around that time you won't find a death certificate for him as it was 16 years before the start of statutory death registration in 1864. It might have got a mention in the papers but otherwise there may be no record of the death at all.

          Elwyn