Re: [Mid-AntrimGenealogy] A Burnside out 1694??

  • L.G. McF
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 12:35 AM
      Hi Linda

      To be quite truthful I have no idea. This is from a book published in 1895, before any fires in the Records department of the Four Courts, Dublin. I would assume that the the National Archives in Dublin would be more likely. As I just got the book and wanted to share that titbit, I have done no research into what, where and how. If I learn anymore information I will of course let you know.

      greetings

      Liam

      On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 3:35 AM, Linda Holley <ljholley@...> wrote:

      As always thank you for Burnside information!!!   Am I able to order this will from PRONI?  I have looked at wills before but I don't remember this one and I think I would have remembered it because Louth is near Co. Down where my ggg grandfather said he was born.  Someone on the Yahoo Down list told me often woman would travel to their mothers to have their children which might explain why one brother said he was born in Co. Down and one brother and a father said Co. Antrim.

      Thank you again!  Linda

      On Mar 31, 2010, at 6:47 PM, L.G. McF wrote:

      Index to the prerogative wills of Ireland, 1536-1810

      1694 Burnside, James, Mullagheloe, Co. Louth, gent.

      I think this Burnside's arrived in Ireland early. :)

      This new book I got is only an Index therefore no contents of any Wills.

      greetings

      Liam