Attn: Gordon

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 10, 2010
      Gordon,

      I have found a Robert Caulfield/Caufield in the 1851 census in Scotland saying he was born in Co. Down. I know that the Robert Caulfield that married a Jane Burnside was born in Broughshane, Co. Anrim and I think the Robert living in Scotland may be connected.

      Do you know how I am able to view the original Scotish census?

      Linda
    • Gordon Crooks@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 10, 2010

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 10, 2010
          Oh great!  Thanks so much!  Is it still snowing?

        • margaretcarey@cox.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 10, 2010
            Linda:

            If you log on to -
            Official Scottish records
            www.Scotlandspeople.gov.uk

            You can access the records there. It is a WONDERFUL site for Scottish records. It is pay-for-view but not at all expensive.

            Alternatively, you can order microfilms of the records via the Mormons but this can be very time consuming and more costly in the long run as contents are not indexed as far as I know.... they certainly weren't when I have researched them.

            Margaret