PRONI (Belfast) moving to new premises in 2010.

  • L.G. McF
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2009
      PRONI (Belfast) moving to new premises.
      SammyM <SammyM@...>
      soc.genealogy.ireland

      As I'm sure some of you already know, PRONI is moving from it's Balmoral
      Avenue site to new premises, still in Belfast but situated in the "Titanic
      Quarter" (on the river Lagan close to the Odyssey Arena).

      The move is some time away, but in case anyone is planning a trip to
      Belfast and to PRONI for next year please be aware that the records are
      being collected and moved between September 2010 and May 2011 and will
      therefore not be available for physical access. The good news is that it is
      hoped a lot more of the records will be available "online".

      Please see :-

      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8236790.stm

      SammyM <SammyM@...>