Anyone researching O Guinidhe: O'Guin/O'Gwin/O'Gwyn

  • modranny9
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2009
      I signed on to this list a few weeks ago, and have been reading posts from the very start...I have another 1000 to go. :) The people on this list seem very helpful. Perhaps someone here can help me.

      I have no idea if my ancestors came from NI or not, but I will throw this out there. We visited the west of Ireland 2 years ago, and we will be in Coleraine for 10 days next April!

      I can go back to Hardy O'Guin (and various spellings) who was born in North Carolina USA about 1775, died Tennessee USA after 1850.

      According to MacLysaght, the original spelling may have been O Guinidhe, and Woulfe says posslbly O Guinye.

      Is anyone familiar with this name?

      Thanks
      Randy O'Guin, Northern Virginia