6606RE: Griffiths Valuation- area measurements

  • davidbrendaslack
    Oct 30, 2013

      Ok, trying again as Linda suggested.

      My great-grandmother was a Gaston.  Her name was Louisa Jane Gaston and she was the daughter of William Gaston b. 1843 and Sarah Jane Rock b. 1839.  His father was also a William but I know nothing else about him.  I know that when Sarah died in 1911 she was living in House 16 in Craigavad, County Down.  I have more info. on their children if you are interested.  Please email me at davidbrendaslack@... if you are interested in receiving this information.  Thank you Brenda Slack

      ---In mid-antrimgenealogy@yahoogroups.com, <ljholley@...> wrote:

      Fiddle Diddle!  I see you are the new member - sorry!   Try sending it through the website rather than in "reply" form.   Please let me know if have additional problems and I will see what might be wrong.  Linda

      On Oct 30, 2013, at 5:53 PM, <davidbrendaslack@...> wrote:

      Good afternoon ke_meng_zhu:

      I am having a problem with my reply to you regarding the Gaston's.  Please advise me at davidbrendaslack@... if you were able to see my reply.  I sent the reply and immediately got a message back that Yahoo could not deliver the message.

      Brenda Slack

      PS is anyone else having issues with Yahoo recently?

      ---In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, <mid-antrimgenealogy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hello Elwyn

      Sorry I am in the wrong conversation, however

      I am a new member, Linda gave me your name to enquire about living relatives.

      I am searching for Gastons in Antrim. Linda told me you know of a Gaston family. This is the information she emailed  me:

      'There is a Gaston family living in my 4th great grandfather's house in Galgorm Parks.  Met Mrs. Gaston a couple of years ago.  You might ask Elwyn (a member of this group) if he might be able to visit with her as he was with us when we visited with her.  Will say she seemed not to know very much about her husband's family even though they have been in the area for more than 100 years.'

      My grandfather was William McKeen Gaston, immigrated with family to Toronto, Ontario, Canada.  His father was John Gaston, married Elizabeth McCarthy about 1880's. His father William Gaston, and Elizabeth's father, Stafford Church McCarthy were from the Connor parish area, and the relatives previous were members of the Connor community as well as Ballymeana.  My cousin in Vancouver and I  (Dublin), are searching for living relatives.  If you have any information regarding a connection to my Gaston family, it would be appreciated.

      Thank you.

      ke_meng_zhu

      ---In mid-antrimgenealogy@yahoogroups.com, <mjumpherson@...> wrote:

      Thanks Elwyn. Converting the Irish Plantation Meaures to Statute Acres and vice versa- it is still difficult- and almost impossible at times to "match up" the various parcels/sections of townlands that changed ownerships/leases over the period of Griffiths Valuations and the ReValuations. And then boundaries changed, too, just to complicate the matter. Even more frustrating is trying to match these land areas to pre Griffiths, ie. old leases/memorials, etc.

      ---In mid-antrimgenealogy@yahoogroups.com, <elwynsoutter@...> wrote:

      Statute, according to this site:

      http://www.origins.net/help/helpio-griffiths.aspx

      Subject: [Mid-AntrimGenealogy] Griffiths Valuation- area measurements
      To: Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, 19 October, 2013, 0:53

      Quick question- in the Griffiths Valuations- are
      the areas given in statute acres or Irish Plantation
      acres?

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic