5202Re: Rea

  • JWebb994
    Jun 2, 2012
      I have Rea's from Antrim in Illinois. James Rea born about 1774 in Donegal, died about 1834 in Tobergill, Ireland (not much on him). His daughter, Margaret Rea, born 4-11-1817 in Antrim, died 12-4-1901, Ireland. Margaret was married to William Sloan, born 1-24-1818 in Antrim. Died 10-14-1879 buried South Henderson Cemetery, Gladstone, Henderson County, Illinois. There is also a stone there for his wife, even though she died in Ireland.
      Then later I connect with some Rea's in California. They were born in Ohio but I suspect but have not confirmed that they descend from ancestors in Ireland. You know how the Irish tend to stay connected.

      --- In Mid-AntrimGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Kathleen Connolly <kate.2019@...> wrote:

      > To you Rea researchers out there is this any use???
      > 2nd Kilrea PCI
      > 18th Aug 1882 James Alexander Rea F B Grocer, Kilrea, f James, Kilrea, Farmer to
      > Sarah Bolton F S, Kilrea f John, Farmer
      > Witnesses:- Wm T Bolton, Elizabeth Bolton
      >

      > Kate
      >
      > The Route Back Home 19th - 21st Sept 2012
      > www.visitballymoney.com

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic