Re: AO mechanical question

  • charles.2211
    Message 1 of 43 , Mar 8, 2013
      There are some steel parts, so I wouldn't put any water on it. The four steel leaves on the top act as springs and allow the nose piece to move up in case an objective 'crashes' on the slide. Mose of the screws are also steel. I believe the nose piece screws into the nose piece holder and is held by a pin to keep it from rotating and getting loose, that is very hard to get at.
      Charles

      --- In Microscope@yahoogroups.com, "Randall Buck" <rbuck@...> wrote:

      > They are cast aluminum parts, I believe. Sounds like they have corroded due
      > to excess moisture. If so, distilled water may be your best bet. But the
      > liquid wrench, if it has already penetrated the corrosion may inhibit the
      > action of the water.
      >
      > Randall

    • Randall Buck
      Message 43 of 43 , Mar 10, 2013
        Another day another revelation.

        I thought I had that all figured out but it looks like not.

        AO was pretty cavalier with their striping; I have some objectives with two
        wide stripes, top and bottom ?

        Thanks Charles

        Randall