Unusual Zeiss item

  • Dogs Afire
    Message 1 of 62 , Dec 7, 2012
      Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what the item in eBay auction 321033218728 (already concluded) might be?

      Essentially it looks like an optivar, but it has only two windows, one red and one green.

      What would this be used for other than to tell the port side of your microscope from the starboard?

      Like I said, just curious. Never saw a piece like that before

      Don Baker

    • J. Forster
      Message 62 of 62 , Dec 10, 2012
        Not that I'm about to buy fossilized critters, but is there any easy,
        reliable way to determine which is which?

        -John