Re: [Microscope] Re: Power for Projectina Microscope

  • Mark Papp
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2012
      The world wide web never ceases to amaze me. Fantastic.

      ________________________________

      From: darwino00001 darwino00001@...
      Fortunately in the Netherlands there is a historical site for various plugs and sockets:
      http://www.fam-oud.nl/~plugsocket/PowerCord2.html

    • Seppo
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2012
        > Any ideas?..... Looking for some expert opinions, as Connecting anything up to electricity certainly has its hazards.
        >
        > http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1180/13415662/23926847/403530993.jpg

        You can probably find a fitting socket from the large line of so-called Jones-plugs and sockets.

        Another thing is, that this kind of connector suggests to the need of a transformer between mains and the microscope.

        Seppo
      • J. Forster
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1, 2012
          The two pin Cinch-Jones are polarized -- | so won't fit.

          Also, it looks like the two steel(?) springs might be ground.

          It is possible you might be able to cut up a Cinch-Jones to fit.

          Best,

          -John

          ============

          >> Any ideas?..... Looking for some expert opinions, as Connecting
          >> anything up to electricity certainly has its hazards.
          >>
          >> http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1180/13415662/23926847/403530993.jpg
          >>

          > You can probably find a fitting socket from the large line of so-called
          > Jones-plugs and sockets.
          >
          > Another thing is, that this kind of connector suggests to the need of a
          > transformer between mains and the microscope.
          >
          > Seppo

        • Dushan Grujich
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 1, 2012
            On 31/07/2012 1:35 PM, darwino00001 wrote:
            > /I'm trying to find a power cord for a Projectina microscope that I have recently acquired.
            >
            > Below is the image of the type of connection I need.
            >
            > Any ideas?..... Looking for some expert opinions, as Connecting anything up to electricity certainly has its hazards./
            >
            > http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1180/13415662/23926847/403530993.jpg
            G'Day!

            Could You possibly measure the centre distance of the two prongs and
            their width and thickness? I cannot promise anything but I might be able
            to come up with the female connector for cable mounting that plugs into it.

            Cheers

            Dushan

          • darwino00001
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2012
              --- In Microscope@yahoogroups.com, "darwino00001" <darwino00001@...> wrote:

              > I'm trying to find a power cord for a Projectina microscope that I have recently acquired.
              >
              > Below is the image of the type of connection I need.
              >
              > Any ideas?..... Looking for some expert opinions, as Connecting anything up to electricity certainly has its hazards.
              >
              > http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1180/13415662/23926847/403530993.jpg

              Would you believe it, an electrician has one on eBay in the UK

              http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230833207539?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_572wt_922

              Thanks for everyone's help

              Hopefully post some images if I get the microscope working