VINTAGE BRASS MICROSCOPE LENS MARKED JAPAN

  • Zuukz
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2012
      Hmmm, is this item a microscope lens or a peep hole for your door??
      Ebay item # 221013913888.

      Me thinks it's a peep hole..LOL.

      Peace,

      Jay
    • christo829@juno.com
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2012
        Oh dear....

        Considering I just replaced one of these in my front door, I do believe you would be correct... ;)

        Cheers-

        Chris

        Hmmm, is this item a microscope lens or a peep hole for your door??
        Ebay item # 221013913888.

        Me thinks it's a peep hole..LOL.

        Peace,

        Jay

        53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4fa199cc79b63cce62bst01vuc
      • Microscopeman
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2012
          Hello Jay,

          2" tall? Adjustable helical threads? - methinks it is indeed an old-school
          peep hole - vintage 1969. Agreed!

          Cheers,

          Gregg

          > Hmmm, is this item a microscope lens or a peep hole for your door??
          > Ebay item # 221013913888.
          >
          > Me thinks it's a peep hole..LOL.
          >
          > Peace,
          >
          > Jay

        • reynald
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2012
            Jay
            The seller state very clearly it is a peep hole, in the description too,
            where have you got the idea it was a microscope lens ?
            Si vis pacem para bellum
            Reynald

            --
            D-G. Sir Reynald Carra KCSOL., OIOM., DSF. Principality of Hutt River

          • chris
            Message 5 of 7 , May 2, 2012
              Item description was updated at 17:15 Pacific time (check the Item
              Revision Details). It originally did say that it was a microscope lens,
              when Jay first pointed it out. Someone corrected him. Not sure how it
              qualifies as vintage, though...

              Cheers-

              Chris

              On 05/02/2012 10:19 PM, reynald wrote:
              > Jay
              > The seller state very clearly it is a peep hole, in the description too,
              > where have you got the idea it was a microscope lens ?
              > Si vis pacem para bellum
              > Reynald
              >
              > On 3/05/2012 4:21 AM, Zuukz wrote:
              >>
              >> Hmmm, is this item a microscope lens or a peep hole for your door??
              >> Ebay item # 221013913888.
              >>
              >> Me thinks it's a peep hole..LOL.
              >>
              >> Peace,
              >>
              >> Jay

            • reynald
              Message 6 of 7 , May 2, 2012
                Didn't know it was changed, sorry, never mind it is still a most
                interesting item to collect LOL, as for the vintage it must have been in
                the same vein as the first ID, his reference manual must have been in
                Japanese LOL
                Wonder if he accept an offer ??
                Reynald

                --
                D-G. Sir Reynald Carra KCSOL., OIOM., DSF. Principality of Hutt River

              • Jay Stanley
                Message 7 of 7 , May 3, 2012
                  Reynald,

                  The seller has now revised his listing.