Banana cells.

  • rhamvossen
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
      Hi all,

      One of the most simple and easy to get, yet stunning specimens in darkfield illumination are for example banana cells. I made a picture the other day, have a look in my folder if your interested. If you want to impress someone with your microscope, this specimen in darkfield does the trick very well. So, if you are planning to sell a microscope to someone, make sure you have that banana around :). Take a green one, you can see the amyloplasts at best when the banana is not too ripe.

      Rolf
    • William Mark
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
        Rolf,

        How did you prepare the slide?

        Nice photo!

        Bill

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
          Bill, it's just a little bit from the inside (eatable) pulp of the banana suspended in a drop of water.

          Rolf

          --- In Microscope@yahoogroups.com, William Mark <wamman219@...> wrote:

          > Rolf,
          >
          > How did you prepare the slide?
          >
          > Nice photo!
          >
          > Bill
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Microscopeman
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
            Truly stunning image, Rolf - well done!

            Cheers,

            Gregg

            Bill, it's just a little bit from the inside (eatable) pulp of the banana
            suspended in a drop of water.

            Rolf

            --- In Microscope@yahoogroups.com, William Mark <wamman219@...> wrote:

            > Rolf,