Hallo to All.

  • RomanLord
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2 12:23 AM
      Hallo to you all.
      I am Paolo and let me introduce miself.

      I am 45 yo and I graduated in Biology and took a Ph.D. in Genetics
      here in Rome when I was young.

      Then I had to leave Biology and now I work as Project Manager and, in
      my freetime, I am also WebMaster.
      I have a strong interest in Orchids and so I decided to buy a
      microscope (I had one but sold it 15 years ago).

      Now I ask you for some help............

      I don't want to spend too much.
      Which are, in your opinion, the fundamental characteristics I should
      look after ?
      I think I will not need an instrument capable of outstanding
      enlargments but with the possibility to take photographs.
      I am an happy owner of an Olympus digital camera and I would like to
      use it.

      Thank you for your suggestions.
      Paolo
    • Gordon Couger
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2 6:45 PM
        Here is a source of Leitz SM scopes
        http://microscopesfromnightingale.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&St
        ore_Code=MFN&Product_Code=Leitz+SM&Category_Code=02a

        Nightingale sales has bought a bunch and is selling them for $525. I
        believe they have a guarantee as well. I bought a stereo scope from him
        and he was nice to do business with but I don't personally know Mr.
        Nightingale and I have no connection with him except as satisfied
        customer. The URL is http://www.microscopesfromnightingale.com/index.html

        Good luck
        Gordon
        Gordon Couger gcouger@...
        Stillwater, OK www.couger.com/gcouger

        > I am 45 yo and I graduated in Biology and took a Ph.D. in Genetics
        > here in Rome when I was young.
        >
        > Then I had to leave Biology and now I work as Project Manager and, in
        > my freetime, I am also WebMaster.
        > I have a strong interest in Orchids and so I decided to buy a
        > microscope (I had one but sold it 15 years ago).
        >
        > Now I ask you for some help............
        >
        > I don't want to spend too much.
        > Which are, in your opinion, the fundamental characteristics I should
        > look after ?
        > I think I will not need an instrument capable of outstanding
        > enlargments but with the possibility to take photographs.
        > I am an happy owner of an Olympus digital camera and I would like to
        > use it.
        >
        > Thank you for your suggestions.
        > Paolo
        >

        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Vladimir Vl. Zahov
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3 2:35 AM
          > customer. The URL is http://www.microscopesfromnightingale.com/index.html

          Nice site and good offers. The prices a bit high, though...

          Vlado
        • Vladimir Vl. Zahov
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3 10:47 AM
            Hi Paolo,

            If you have an Olympus camera, it won`t be bad if you buy an Olympus scope
            as well. :-) Their characteristics aren`t bad, and so are the prices. :-)
            Good luck!

            Vlado

            > I am 45 yo and I graduated in Biology and took a Ph.D. in Genetics
            > here in Rome when I was young.
            >
            > Then I had to leave Biology and now I work as Project Manager and, in
            > my freetime, I am also WebMaster.
            > I have a strong interest in Orchids and so I decided to buy a
            > microscope (I had one but sold it 15 years ago).
            >
            > Now I ask you for some help............
            >
            > I don't want to spend too much.
            > Which are, in your opinion, the fundamental characteristics I should
            > look after ?
            > I think I will not need an instrument capable of outstanding
            > enlargments but with the possibility to take photographs.
            > I am an happy owner of an Olympus digital camera and I would like to
            > use it.
            >
            > Thank you for your suggestions.
            > Paolo
          • Gordon Couger
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 3 1:41 PM
              Higher than ebay prices but they are serviced and guaranteed. I buy of
              ebay most of the time but some folks don't like the risk. the prices on
              the Leitz SM scopes are about a $100 over ebay prices. About what
              servicing and a guarantee is worth.

              I was pointing him out for the SM scopes because they seem to be a good
              deal. An SM with a dove tail condenser usually brings 400 on ebay.

              Gordon
              From: "Vladimir Vl. Zahov" <zahov@...>