Who was looking for a Flourescent Microscope

  • Gordon Couger
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2002
      Here is a Leitz Fluorescent Microscope with a buy it now for $579 The seller
      is not a regular microscope seller or a regular seller not the best
      combination but he has good feed back. An SM has head piece that measure 41
      mm and it a 170 mm scope. As I remeber the fellow looking had a Leitz
      drawing tube that fit this type mount the newer model Leitz takes a 42mm or
      slightly larger head piece I measure a HM LUX and the hole in the body
      measure 42.6 mm.

      The question is the drawing tube made for a 170 mm or infinity scope. If it
      is 41 mm it is probably safe to assume it is 170 mm if it is 42 mm it could
      be either. If it is 42 mm and made for a 170 mm tube it is a very simple job
      to turn down the larger part to 41 mm and make a bushing for the other end
      to take the headpiece. If you have an infinity drawing attachment contact me
      I and I will put you in contact with a Leitz/Leica service man that can tell
      you your options.

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1772644131

      What ever you do if you buy the scope trash the bulb and get a new one with
      a with known number of hours and keep track. To test the power supply with
      the old lamp do it out doors and stay up wind.

      A SM is a good working scope you can pick up a binocular head for a 150 or
      200 dollars and a trinoucular head for 200 to 350. A better plan would
      probable be to buy another SM and take what you want and put it back to
      gather and resell it. It only has one outstanding lens the 54x fluorite. Try
      to get him to make some kind if guarantee on the condition of the lenses and
      to test the lamp.

      These scopes are extremely easy to work on. Building one from a pile of
      parts is a couple of hours job depending on how much cleaning has to be
      done.

      Good luck
      Gordon

      Gordon Couger