Re: [Microscope] Re: NIKON CF PLAN APO 200X / 0.90 INFINITY/0

  • Daniel Holloway
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2006
      Hello leefnn99,
      I have a Nikon E200 and am very pleased with it. It
      came with an infinity E Plan spring loaded 100x oil
      immersion objective. I can't say if the scope you are
      looking at has one but you can ask. Are you sure
      CF160 is an infinity objective? Maybe you are looking
      at the objectives for the older Nikon tube length. I
      don't think they will work on the E200.
      Dan

      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2006
        Thanks for the reply Gordon
        I don't think this objective one that I would use.
        Dan

        --- Gordon Couger <gordon.couger@...> wrote:

        > Dan,
        >
        > It's a high dry 200x .9 n.a. objective used on a
        > transmitted light set up.
        > Possibly a comparator or a scope used for
        > measurement where the larger image
        > is easier to compare on the comparator or measure
        > with a some kind of
        > micrometer eyepiece.
        >
        > Empty magnification is not useless. It just doesn't
        > give any more
        > information and takes a lot more light. If you are
        > trying to measure
        > something very small the extra magnification help
        > some.
        >
        > Gordon
        >
        > On 5/30/06, Dan <danrx12000@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello group,
        > > I found this objective on ebay. Can anyone
        > help me figure out
        > > what this 200x is? The CF is chrome free. I have
        > an E200 microscope
        > > that takes infinity objectives.
        > > NIKON CF PLAN APO 200X / 0.90 INFINITY/0
        > >
        > > With a 10x eyepiece is this 2000x.
        > > The ebay number is 7623586650
        > >
        > > Dan
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > removed]

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Daniel Holloway
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 1, 2006
          Hello again leefnn99,
          The Nikon E200 was made for medical and veterinary
          offices. The scope is substantial and comes with
          excellent optics. No, it is not a Leica, but unless
          you are planning to do some serious research, it is a
          high quality microscope. I you would like to see some
          pictures taken thru the Nikon E200 go to my website
          http://home.mchsi.com/~dl.holloway/ .
          The images I see are crisp and clear and photograph
          well. Contact me offline if you need to know more
          about what you should pay, etc.
          Dan

          --- leefnn99 <leefnn99@...> wrote:

          > I've recently been coveting a Nikon E200. I know it
          > works with
          > infinity objectives but does it have an infinity oil
          > immersion
          > objective? The reason I ask is because all of the
          > Nikon CFI60
          > objectives I've seen are
          > high/dry, but you'd think that a top of the line
          > scope would provide
          > some kind of oil immmersion too.
          >
          > Thanks for any review you can give of that excellent
          > scope.
          >
          > --- In Microscope@yahoogroups.com, "Dan"
          > <danrx12000@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello group,
          > > I found this objective on ebay. Can anyone
          > help me figure out
          > > what this 200x is? The CF is chrome free. I have
          > an E200 microscope
          > > that takes infinity objectives.
          > > NIKON CF PLAN APO 200X / 0.90 INFINITY/0
          > >
          > > With a 10x eyepiece is this 2000x.
          > > The ebay number is 7623586650
          > >
          > > Dan

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • leefnn99
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 1, 2006
            Thanks for the reply. Its good to know that Nikon has infinity oil
            objectives for that scope. Re the CF160, I was thrown by that name
            myself so I went to their web site that describes their infinity
            objectives.

            It turns out that to use their 200mm tube length for their infinity
            scopes, they need 60mm parfocal objectives, so CFI60 stands for
            "Chrome Free Infinity 60", not "Chrome Free 160". So the CFI60
            objectives are indeed infinity, but the only source for them I found
            was Edmund Scientific, and ES doesn't have an oil immersion in that
            series.

            The only question I would have right now about the E200 is whether it
            has slots so that you can put accessories (filters, DIC slides,
            whatever) in the tube between the objectives and the tube lens?

            Thanks again.

            --- In Microscope@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Holloway <danrx12000@...> wrote:

            > Hello leefnn99,
            > I have a Nikon E200 and am very pleased with it. It
            > came with an infinity E Plan spring loaded 100x oil
            > immersion objective. I can't say if the scope you are
            > looking at has one but you can ask. Are you sure
            > CF160 is an infinity objective? Maybe you are looking
            > at the objectives for the older Nikon tube length. I
            > don't think they will work on the E200.
            > Dan
            >
            > --- leefnn99 <leefnn99@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I've recently been coveting a Nikon E200. I know it
            > > works with
            > > infinity objectives but does it have an infinity oil
            > > immersion
            > > objective? The reason I ask is because all of the
            > > Nikon CFI60
            > > objectives I've seen are
            > > high/dry, but you'd think that a top of the line
            > > scope would provide
            > > some kind of oil immmersion too.
            > >
            > > Thanks for any review you can give of that excellent
            > > scope.
            > >
            > > --- In Microscope@yahoogroups.com, "Dan"
            > > <danrx12000@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hello group,
            > > > I found this objective on ebay. Can anyone
            > > help me figure out
            > > > what this 200x is? The CF is chrome free. I have
            > > an E200 microscope
            > > > that takes infinity objectives.
            > > > NIKON CF PLAN APO 200X / 0.90 INFINITY/0
            > > >
            > > > With a 10x eyepiece is this 2000x.
            > > > The ebay number is 7623586650
            > > >
            > > > Dan

            > http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Daniel Holloway
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 2, 2006
              Hello again leefnn99
              I think that the E200 might come with different
              condensers. The only one I know about is the one I
              have. It has a metal ring that snaps into the bottom
              of the condenser for filters and I use it for homemade
              darkfield circles. Let us know what you find out.
              Dan

              http://mail.yahoo.com