Re: [Microscope] Another video

  • Don Williams
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
      Hi Leif,

      You need the Div-X codec and it's available here:

      http://www.science-info.org/pages/edfwill

      One is free the other is the Pro version that will stop working after a while.

      Don W

      --
      Dr E D F Williams
      http://personal.inet.fi/cool/don.williams
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
        Thanks, Don! Just the ticket. Fascinating video. Couple of questions: what was that critter that came along and looked like it was snacking on the amoeba; and two, what are that myriad of little black critters that the amoeba seems to be feeding on?

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
          Hi,

          The small black objects rod-like: slightly bent rods, straight rods,
          short oval and round are all bacteria. Vannella is quite fussy about
          which it will ingest and passes by most of those encountered. The
          visitor is probably a flagellate, but I'd have to go back and look to
          be sure.

          Don W

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 22, 2006
            This one might be a bit better. I used a different set of filters and
            the MPG2 Chroma.

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iuv2Lr1T5A

            Don W

            --
            Dr E D F Williams
            www.kolumbus.fi/mimosa/
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 22, 2006
              Hello Don,

              I found your clips very clear and sharp, "youtube" might just be the ideal
              medium to share video clips. I can see it now...."The Amoeba that Ate
              Cincinnati", coming to a theatre near you.........8>)

              Very well done indeed.

              Gregg

              > This one might be a bit better. I used a different set of filters and
              > the MPG2 Chroma.
              >
              > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iuv2Lr1T5A
              >
              > Don W
              >
              > --
              > Dr E D F Williams
              > www.kolumbus.fi/mimosa/
              > http://personal.inet.fi/cool/don.williams/
              > 41660 TOIVAKKA – Finland - +358400706616
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • scitech200
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 22, 2006
                Hi Don,

                These videos are of excellent quality!

                You are editing an AVI movie and then preparing a Flash file?
                Or does 'youtube' convert to Flash?
                The video is from the Logitech 4000?

                Thanks once again for any additional information.

                Regards,
                Keith

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 22, 2006
                  I don't know what youtube does to them. I upload AVI files compressed
                  with DivX and yes, they are from a Logitech Pro4000.