How to hook up the digital camera

  • Bill Tschumy
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2000
      So, I'm starting to think about digital microphotography and wondered
      how to hook the camera to the trinocular eyepiece tube. From a long
      time ago when I used to do film based microphotography I have a Canon
      adapter. In this allowed you to couple the camera body (without
      lens) to the eyepiece tube. You could use this either with or
      without an eyepiece in the unit.

      With my digital camera I can't remove the lens. However, I probably
      could buy/build the necessary coupling to connect the digital
      camera's lens to the Canon adapter. Does anyone know if this is
      likely to work? Would I use the eyepiece or not (or does it just
      depend on the magnification I want. The Canon adapter would add
      about 3.75 inches distance from the eyepiece to the front of the
      camera lens.

      I would appreciate any advice from people who have tried this.

      Bill

      --
      Bill Tschumy
      Otherwise -- Austin, TX
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2000
        If you are willing to do a little congenital photography and can black out
        a room project the image on enlarging paper and develop it and scan it in.
        You can get greater resolution than any digital camera on the market.
        http://www.micscape.simplenet.com/mag/artjul00/pjphotopaper.html

        That is the cheapest way in and the highest quality.

        Gordon
        Gordon Couger gcouger@...
        Stillwater, OK www.couger.com/gcouger
        405 624-2855 GMT -6:00