Re: Leitz Objectives??

  • Riccardo
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2004
      Gordon,
      at first thanks for the reply.
      They are exactly infinity objectives but I don't know in which type
      of Leitz's microscope can be used.
      I have two old Leitz Laborlux microscope whit tube 170 and I can not
      use then on it.
      Riccardo
      --- In Microscope@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Couger" <Gordon@c...>

    • Gordon Couger
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2004
        Riccardo,

        They fit a Metalux adaptor for the Ortholux and I am not sure what
        the infinity reflected light nose piece is called on the Laborlux.
        All you actually need is the infinity tube lens and a way to mount
        it in the proper place in the nose piece to use the objectives.

        That is a great deal easier said than done.

        You should be able to trade them for 170 mm objectives as they are
        more difficult to find than 170's or save them until you come across
        a infinity nose piece.

        : They are exactly infinity objectives but I don't know in which
        type
        : of Leitz's microscope can be used.
        : I have two old Leitz Laborlux microscope whit tube 170 and I can
        not
        : use then on it.
        : Riccardo
        : --- In Microscope@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Couger" <Gordon@c...>
        : wrote:
        : > Riccardo,
        : >
        : > I think those are infinity objectives if the oo looks more like
        : > '8' laying on its side. the /0 would show that they are to be
        used
        : > without a coverslip. Until late in Leitz production the only
        : > infinity objectives were for reflected light scopes and for work
        : > with out cover slips.
        : >
        : > Gordon
        : > : someone can reply to this question: I'd like to know which
        tipe
        : of
        : > : Leitz's microscope fits objectives marked *oo/- or *oo/0.
        : > : Thanks in advance for any reply and all the best to everybody.
        : > : Tai
        : > :
        : > :
        : > :
        : > :
        : > :
        : > : ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups
        : > Sponsor --------------------~-->
        : > : $9.95 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything.
        : > : http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/CBYolB/TM
        : >
        : -----------------------------------------------------------------
        : -
        : > --~->
        : > :
        : > :
        : > : Yahoo! Groups Links
        : > :
        : > :
        : > :
        : > :
        : > :
        : > :
        : > :
        :
        :
        :
        :
        :
        : ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups
        Sponsor --------------------~-->
        : $9.95 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything.
        : http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/CBYolB/TM
        : ------------------------------------------------------------------
        --~->
        :
        :
        : Yahoo! Groups Links
        :
        :
        :
        :
        :
        :
        :
      • Riccardo
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2004
          Thanks Gordon, yust like I suppose but I don't by a metallografic
          scope.
          All the best.