Re: [Microscope] Off Topic: A Northen Microbiological hazard

  • Gordon Couger
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
      DR. Williams,

      I hope your wife's friend responds well to treatment. It is a serous
      disease. If caught early it usually responds to treatment. It is
      spreading world wide as wild live are more numerous and live in
      closer proximity to humans. The first hard freeze will kill most of
      the wile carriers.There are vaccines in development but the risk of
      the diseases is very small and the risk from the vaccine may be
      greater unless you are in a high risk group like researches or
      residents of Martha's Vineyard or other areas that it is present in
      high numbers.

      If wild life is exploding every where like it is in Texas and
      Oklahoma over ten year even though in western Oklahoma the rainfall
      dropped 30 % diseases with animal vectors are going to be a ever
      increasing problem if everyone does tier best. If evil forces take a
      hand it could be catastrophic if and airborne highly lethal
      homoerotic fever broke out world wide that didn't quickly die out
      as it does now. We don't need terrorist to do this mother nature
      will do the job.