Re: Coolpix 995

  • k_yde
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2002
      --- In Microscope@y..., "izzydawg2000" <carolandcliff@m...> wrote:
      > I'm new to microphotography so I could use a hand. What is the
      > correct white balance setting on a 995? But wait there's more...
      When
      > I have an image in focus (in manual mode) and depress the shutter,
      > the camera "brightens" and washes out the image. Bummer. Am I
      missing
      > a setting or what? Something auto must be lurking about. Thanks all
      > in advance.
      > Cliff

      There is so many settings that You must read the manual - all is
      explained there - I have the same camera - and had the same problem
      until I read the manual from the beginning to the end - which I have
      done now several times - and the camera works now beautyfully.

      Sorry - there is no easy way

      Klaus Yde
    • larryrichardk
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2002
        Cliff, you might try posting the question at:

        http://www.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1007

        Larry

        --- In Microscope@y..., "izzydawg2000" <carolandcliff@m...> wrote:
        > I'm new to microphotography so I could use a hand. What is the
        > correct white balance setting on a 995? But wait there's more...
        > Cliff
      • mksphoto
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2002
          Cliff,

          There's bound to be a lot of trial and error when you start; the nice
          thing about digital of course is that you're not burning up film (and
          $ :-). For one of the best starting points, so that you're not re-
          inventing the wheel, go to Vishnu Reddy's article in Micscape at this
          address (you may have to copy and paste this into your browser):

          http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/artaug01/vrcoolpix.html

          You can't beat this article for straight-forward information on how
          to set up the Coolpix for taking photos with the microscope!

          Good luck to you!

          Best regards,

          Mark Simmons

          --- In Microscope@y..., "izzydawg2000" <carolandcliff@m...> wrote:
          > I'm new to microphotography so I could use a hand. What is the
          > correct white balance setting on a 995? But wait there's more...
          When
          > I have an image in focus (in manual mode) and depress the shutter,
          > the camera "brightens" and washes out the image. Bummer. Am I
          missing
          > a setting or what? Something auto must be lurking about. Thanks all
          > in advance.
          > Cliff
        • Carol & Cliff Leavitt
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2002
            Mark,

            Thanks for the information. I experimented a bit and got some cool images of aphids. It'll take a lot more tweaking because I've never done much with photography. Thanks to everyone else that weighed in too.

            Cliff