Tips and Tricks

  • Phil Peterson
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 1999
      Here's a site containing a goldmine of microscopy information. It contains tips for slowing the movement of protozoa (a recent question in this group), fixing and mounting specimens and much more. Discussion topics are grouped under Light Microscopy, TEM, SEM, Computing, Lab Safety, Photography and Miscellaneous. There are also archives and links.
      http://www.biotech.ufl.edu/~emcl/tips.html

      I ended up with two copies of How to Know the Protozoa by Jahn, Bovee and Jahn in my meager microscopy library. Paperback, spiral-bound, line-drawings, 279 pages, new. I paid $31.95 plus $3.00 shipping. I'll send anywhere in the U.S. for $25.00. First come, first served.
      Members of this group may be in the best position to help others with their needs. If you have a microscope, part or accessory to sell or want to buy, please post a note here.
      Regards, Phil
    • Gordon Couger
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 1999
        Phil,