My Newsletter

  • pthomas@civilwarmuster.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2005
      Get your free gas grill worth over $1,000 - Jenn-Air� or Weber�. � Click Here

      Cascades Civil War Muster News

      September 7, 2005The Muster on TV and on the Web!
      THE 2005 MUSTER FEATURED ON "HOME FOR DINNER" ON JTV COMCAST CHANNEL 17
      If you are lucky enough to have Comcast Cable in the Jackson area, you can see Marie Searles, civilian reenactor, cook up a complete period dinner on JTV, Channel 17. The show was taped at the Muster on Saturday, August 27.
      The show is playing at 7:00, and 10:00 pm today! I just saw it, and it's great!
      It is also on:

      Thursday, 9/8 at 4:00, 7:30, 9:30, and 11:30 am, and 3:30, 7:30, and 10:30 pm.

      Friday, 9/9: 4:30, 8:00, and 10:00 am, Noon, and 4:00 pm.

      Saturday, 9/10: 1:00, 7:30, and 11:00 am.

      Sunday, 9/11: 2:30, 4:30, 6:00, and 8:30 am.

      Monday, 9/12: 1:00, 5:30, 8:30, and 10:30 am, 12:30 and 4:30 pm.

      Tuesday, 9/12: 1:30, 7:00, 9:00, and 11:00 am, and 3:00 pm.

      Watch it!

      Thanks to Marie Searles and JTV!

      You can purchase a DVD of the show at http://jtv.tv/ or by phone at (517) 787-8817.
      PICTURE GALLERIES AND SHOP ARE UPDATED ON THE WEB
      We've got photos of Muster 2005 already, as well as a lot of 2004 photos, on the Web at http://www.civilwarmuster.org/Photo%20Galleries.htm. We still want more, so if you have digital photos of this year's Muster, or previous Musters, please send them along. Full credit is posted for each photo.

      Most of our merchandise is up at http://www.civilwarmuster.org/Shop.htm. Every purchase on our shopping pages supports the Muster. Spend freely! And check back often. There's more to come!
      SCOTT THORNTON MEMORIAL TEE SHIRT FOR SALE ON THE WEB
      Fire Captain Scott Thornton, who died in the line of duty last January, was a great friend of the Muster. You can read our tribute to Scott at http://www.civilwarmuster.org/Scott%20Thornton%20Dedication.htm.

      His fellow Summit Township fire fighters are selling a memorial tee shirt. Cascades Inc. is helping them to find a larger market by featuring the tee shirt at http://www.civilwarmuster.org/Memorial%20Shirt.htm. All procedes from the sale of these shirts go directly to the firefighters' union fund used to pay the way of Summit Township fire fighters to funerals of other fire fighters who die in the line of duty. Please help Cascades Inc. to support these guys in paying tribute to other fallen heroes.
      Clarification of the Juneteenth article in this year's Program Book.
      The following is thanks to self-described "Crazed Civil War Fan" Janee Reynolds:

      "Kudos to you for an excellent Civil War Muster program.

      "But I have to write you about the Juneteenth article: though well written for the most part, its references to the Emancipation Proclamation were misleading.

      "The writer implied that the Emancipation Proclamation freed all the slaves in America.

      "It did not. The EP became effective early in 1863, and only freed the slaves in states that were in rebellion against the Union. Slaves in the border states were not freed.

      "This was because Lincoln, fearing the border states would bolt from the Union and join the Confederacy, was reluctant to anger them in any way -- so border state slaves were not included in the Proclamation. Lincoln knew if the border states left the Union, a southern victory was likely.

      "Of course as Union armies grew victorious, the southern system crumbled and, in a way, the slaves freed themselves. But only with the 13th amendment did full emancipation become legal. With today���s widespread misconceptions about the EP, this distinction should have been noted in the article.

      "Thanks for letting me get on my soapbox,
      Janee Reynolds"

      Thanks, Janee.

      Want to get on your own soapbox? Email us. We welcome your input.
      Want to contribute to the web site?
      Send us your articles and photos for possible inclusion on the web site. Share the wealth!
      Please note:
      Ads appearing in this newsletter are not endorsed by Cascades Inc. They are inserted by Bravenet.com, the company that manages our mailing list.

      Free Newsletter Provided by Bravenet.com - Get one for Free   ·   Unsubscribe from this newsletter