Re: MICHIGAN CAVALRY

  • Leonard Glen Overmyer III
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9, 2005
      I would suggest starting with links in our Links Folder, there are
      many sources that can help you. If you have a specific name you are
      looking for, you can check the US Park Service Soldiers & Sailors site
      or Don Harvey's MI in the War site. Good luck - Len

      --- In Michigan_Veterans_of_the_US_Civil_War@yahoogroups.com, "Sexy
      Woman" <carachapina@y...> wrote:
      > Hi...I am a new member and I am researching my ancestors (two of them)
      > that were in this unit. I am trying to find info on this cavalry group
      > and places were I can it. My ancestors were part of this group. I did
      > find this info on the web and their names. I have heard there is a
      > monument to the civil war dead in Detroit. Does anyone know where it
      > is and the address? I heard it was moved from the downtown area a few
      > years ago. Thanks alot!
    • Sherry Wagar
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 9, 2005
        I understand there is also a small civil war museum in
        Monroe, MI and they have a lot of General Custer and the
        Michigan Cavalry Brigade info there. This might also be a
        good place for you to investigate.
        Sherry

        --- Leonard Glen Overmyer III <OvermyerIII@...>
        wrote:

        > I would suggest starting with links in our Links Folder,
        > there are
        > many sources that can help you. If you have a specific
        > name you are
        > looking for, you can check the US Park Service Soldiers &
        > Sailors site
        > or Don Harvey's MI in the War site. Good luck - Len
        >
        > --- In
        > Michigan_Veterans_of_the_US_Civil_War@yahoogroups.com,
        > "Sexy
        > Woman" <carachapina@y...> wrote:
        > > Hi...I am a new member and I am researching my
        > ancestors (two of them)
        > > that were in this unit. I am trying to find info on
        > this cavalry group
        > > and places were I can it. My ancestors were part of
        > this group. I did
        > > find this info on the web and their names. I have heard
        > there is a
        > > monument to the civil war dead in Detroit. Does anyone
        > know where it
        > > is and the address? I heard it was moved from the
        > downtown area a few
        > > years ago. Thanks alot!

        Discover Yahoo!
        http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html
      • Len Overmyer III
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 9, 2005
          Deb:

          Do you know of a source where the boundaries for
          Michigan Counties during the Civil War (1861-1865)
          could be viewed on line?